Play Beruit/Beer Pong?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ThaGrandCow

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 2001
either way, I'm curious as to how much the table cost to make... I'm interested in making one of my own

alocurto

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 1999
The table was not cheap. The epoxy ran $210 shipped from Florida (8 gallons) The supplies needed for applying it cost a few bucks here and there. You can only use a brush once b/c it will turn into a stone after its first use. The folding table was like $45. Plywood and lumber were around $60 I think. I had to order caps off eBay.
I know, I know I should have drank all the beers. If I did only the beers I drink it would be Bud Light, Miller Light and Miller High Life (the duck of beers. You actually make profit on it when you return the cans....my kind of beer). So I went to eBay and got the caps for ~2 cents a cap. It added a lot of color to the table. I get them mainly from one guy, PM me for his e-mail. I also treated myself to some nicer beers to add to the table.
All in all it ran in the $400-$500 range. Now, many would say this is a waste b/c I am no longer in college and now the table is "useless" those people can bite my @$$! Sure, I may not play pong as much but I will still play. It serves as a great table for my apartment. It is also a great conversation piece.

Thanks for all the responses btw. I may have to have an Anandtech Pong/Beruit party!

DamageInc

May 26, 2001
Can someone please tell me why some people call it Beruit? People at my school call it that, and it confuses the hell out of me. Nobody can give me the answer to this.

WhiteKnight

Platinum Member
May 21, 2001
I've heard a few theories on why it is called beirut. The only one I can think of right now is that it gained popularity during US involvement in Beirut. I'd be pretty surprised if that was it, but I can't remember any of the other explanations now.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
1 pyramid, 4 back, 1money cup (full beer), water cup (using beer) on each side
1 ball, each side takes one shot then other side shoots
no bouncing
leaning ok if we're using the big table, otherwise elbow behind edge of table
take off cups from back row, then form a diamond, then triangle
senior brother gets redemption

we also play "death" which uses 10back. Not a good idea if it's your 3rd or 4th game since no one misses the first 20 or so cups.

stonecold3169

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
definitely play beirut here at Clarkson... anyone here play Flagship? thats a good game to get you drunk reaaaaly fast.

alocurto

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 1999
yeah, I wonder if that is why they call it beruit. Maybe if I keep playing it will make sense.:beer:

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
And how is it possible that I haven't heard of this drinking game? I must make up for lost time...;)

alocurto

Platinum Member
Nov 4, 1999
My friends and I drank a bunch of the beers. We had more then enough but then I realized that the table wouldn't look good covered with only our caps (all were silver with logo), so I headed to eBay. I found a ton of colored caps from canada and other places so I bought them and used them. Worked out well.