Plasma Hot - Office Depot - Etherfast Cable router free after MIR

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

moks78

Lifer
Jan 5, 2001
This is Hot indeed! I'll be at my local ODs first thing in the morning...hopefully they have this instock.:)

GooberedUp

Mar 2, 2001

<< Where is there a printable coupon for the $20 off $100? I would like to be able to use that at the B&M but haven't been able to find a coupon I can use at the B&M.
Thanks.
>>

Got it in the mail. Don't know if there is a printable.

TheDuk

Oct 10, 1999
Don't forget that they all the office stores take competitors coupons, so if you can't find a printable coupon for the store you're shopping at (in this case OD) look for one from the others (Staples or OM). In my case, I took a printable 20 off 100 from Staples (you can find it on other websites) and it worked like a charm.

victor

Dec 21, 1999
I want a router too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM CANADIAN!
deal is US only :(
vic

jimmyhaha

Platinum Member
Jan 7, 2001
this is getting more and more interesting..
someone may get lucky or may get burnt....

about the taking coupon, OD may or may NOT take competitor coupon, it solely depends on the manager
last time I take a staples one and they won't honor it, told me that staples is not a "LOCAL competitor"
YMMV

if anyone can find the Pricematch or coupon policy URL at OD, I will slap that manager with the printout...

TechZen

Nov 27, 2000
:D Thanks NewBozo...
Went and picked mine up earlier this evening. The cashier had to go get it from the back (my store just has display models out in the store) and when he came back with it he started asking me if I had broadband and if I was a gamer. We chit-chated while I was paying and before the recipt was even printed he said "guess what... that router you just bought is free". He didn't even look at the recipt or rebate forms. Just handed them to me and pointed out the $100 rebate. And this store's Ad had it listed as $79.99 after rebates. He definitely knew about it before I walked into the store.
Thanks again... going to hook this bad boy up with my Linksys 4 port hub w/2nic cards I got from OD for $5 ($19.99 minus $15 rebate) last year( another Hot Deals find). Let keep our fingers crossed on the rebates.

JohnnyPC

Sep 25, 2001

<< the phucken manager....

i said phuck you are a dumm ass i asked him u can take this and stick up your ass he said sure why not.
>>

I'm sorry that the poor man had to deal with you! I'm sure his true thought were along the lines of "just take the dang thing - oh and here's $20 more lousy bucks - whatever I have to do to get you out of my space!"

Gawd! I mean where do you work, a carnival? Ya friggin carny!

How about if I came into your Burger King while you were working and dialed you up and down for shortin me 6 fries! Oh no I won't let you butter ME up with that free pie either...I know where you're coming from you bitch!

Gawd - I am just flippin out here! I'm convinced that the world as it pertains to the general public and common courtesy is just goin to hell. I mean is 911 over already? Back to normal at last...couldn;t take naymore of that understanding or good will towards men sheeot. This poor fella is in some trouble here. Give him 20 more years of this attitude and when the tables finally turn and he's not on the mountain (mogul) anymore, he's going to have a serious soul searching to do...searching for what made him such an ASSS!!!

I think that work in a retail environment or restaurant should be mandatory in school just so this idiot has the chance to save himself from a life of misery. If he and I'm sure many other out there could see first hand at just how utterly aweful some people can be in the light of saving a couple bucks, i think the world would be a much friendlier place...

Go crawl back into your trailer you mongrel!!

kulki

Jul 18, 2001
JohnnyPC : Well said man. I totall afree with u there. It is this kind of rudeness which makes our society a worse place to live in.

ashneel

Banned
Jul 10, 2001

<<

<< the phucken manager....

i said phuck you are a dumm ass i asked him u can take this and stick up your ass he said sure why not.
>>

I'm sorry that the poor man had to deal with you! I'm sure his true thought were along the lines of "just take the dang thing - oh and here's $20 more lousy bucks - whatever I have to do to get you out of my space!"

Gawd! I mean where do you work, a carnival? Ya friggin carny!

How about if I came into your Burger King while you were working and dialed you up and down for shortin me 6 fries! Oh no I won't let you butter ME up with that free pie either...I know where you're coming from you bitch!

Gawd - I am just flippin out here! I'm convinced that the world as it pertains to the general public and common courtesy is just goin to hell. I mean is 911 over already? Back to normal at last...couldn;t take naymore of that understanding or good will towards men sheeot. This poor fella is in some trouble here. Give him 20 more years of this attitude and when the tables finally turn and he's not on the mountain (mogul) anymore, he's going to have a serious soul searching to do...searching for what made him such an ASSS!!!

I think that work in a retail environment or restaurant should be mandatory in school just so this idiot has the chance to save himself from a life of misery. If he and I'm sure many other out there could see first hand at just how utterly aweful some people can be in the light of saving a couple bucks, i think the world would be a much friendlier place...

Go crawl back into your trailer you mongrel!!
>>

this above guy should buy the screws at dell.com and screw it up his ass. which will make him feel better or he should go phuck his own dog for pleasure.;)

it will save him a couple of dollars and he wont catch any STD's.:D

Aar0n

May 15, 2001
wow, you still need to act like humans, regardless of what $100 deal the guy isn't passing on to you.

Come on, it's just a router...

i'd say ashneel is ready for a break from here and from the general population.

mikeford

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2001
This rebate and price match stuff has a lot of grey areas some times, and in a lot of these stores the manager is Mr Wizard with total power over the policy. Only a couple times I have run into a real hole, and each time I regret that I didn't shutup and just leave.

The first rule in all these deals has to be SHUT UP.
Don't talk about anandtech forum, Don't demand the deal you heard about on the web, Don't brag to the cashier about the great deal.

Anyway, I picked up one here in Orange, CA.

Rosebud

Mar 5, 2000
i'd say ashneel is ready for a break from here and from the general population.

I agree! Why don't you clean it up ashneel!

Dec 5, 2001
i just called my OD to ask they still had any left.

and i also asked about the rebate.

me: "oh, by the way, are there any rebates for this?"

od guy: "there is no current rebate for this"

me: "...strange, i thought there was a rebate?"

od guy: "nope"

so, maybe this is regional

or it might be bs

i think i will go to the store later and check for myself.

GooberedUp

Mar 2, 2001
Don't think it's regional. I'm in Illinois and got several and obviously people in CA got them.

When I called OD, the guy said he didn't think there were rebates but did think there had been some the last week.

Another OD manager (B&*ch that she is--I've had problems with her before) told me they only had one left, which I got. Called back later after she was off and they said they had another one (which I went back and picked up).

The checkout guy also had no clue about rebates. He gave me the recipt and told me thanks and have a good night. Two seconds later the rebates start spitting out of the printer. He had no idea there were rebates on the thing.

My suggestion is that if they have them in stock, go there!

One OD in my area had a "free after rebates" label and the other OD just had the regular price labeled with NO rebate indications.

flomokev

Mar 5, 2001
I got the last one on the shelf at my local OD this morning. Total on the CC was $87.64 with a $20 coupon. Yes, the $100 rebate did print out from the register. My transaction took the staff by surprise. I gave them some crap about it was old technology and it been on the market for two years now. I could tell a couple of them wanted to jump on this deal.

I nominate this OD's LS 4Port Router buy as 2002 first true super deal.

Thanks NewBozo for the initial post and others for additional information.

Loach

Oct 7, 2001
I snagged one in Delaware (home of tax-free shopping) and walked out the door with it for $82. I needed envelopes to mail the rebates ($10, $100) in and bring my total to $100 so I could use that $20 coupon. Keep your fingers crossed......WOOOHOOOOOOOOO

GooberedUp

Mar 2, 2001
Snagged another two. Got six of them now--here I come Ebay. By the time everybody floods E*bay with these, they should still probably go for about 60 or so. Ones now are going for around 80+.

superblast

Mar 21, 2001
I just picked one of these up locally as well. I brought my digital camera with to take a picture of the free after rebate sign but they didn't have one up at the OD I went to. I thought it might be a good idea to have that if they try to back out of the rebate. Maybe someone else can post a pic?

MackGoose

Sep 26, 2001
I got one and hope they will honor the rebate. Dows anyone have a picture of the store display? Can someone get a picture and scan it on here? I needed one of these, but for the $$ it was better to save (two babies) and now I don't feel so bad. They'll be flooded on eBay now.

Some poor sap who's getting minimum wage to do data entry screwed this up and is now out of a job.

:D

Rally1

Platinum Member
May 20, 2001
yes, we still need a copy of that shelf tag, just borrow it, copy it and put it back, it's not a big deal.

my store just doesn't have one up.

thanks!

Beaner

Sep 5, 2000
I'm in.

Was checked out by the store mgr. herself. First she looked in their system and said she only saw several $10 rebates, but then she rang me up and sure enough...out spits the $100 and $10 rebates! She said "hmmm...weird".
So I asked her straight-up "This obviously may be a mistake, so if I send it in and I only get $10 will I have any recourse?" And she said that I can get the extra $90 from her, or simply return it (yeah, right...no way!). I said " even with the UPC removed?"-- and she said "Yup...no problem"

I have 3 ODs in my area, and this is by far the best managed store. The manager actual cares about her customers and trained her staff very well. They are all very polite and helpful. We are on a first name basis and every time she sees me, she knows I'm huntin' a deal down!

I will get my $100...either from the rebate or from the store. I couldn't pass this deal up, as I needed this router anyway. Now, after using my $20 coupon, I will net a $25 profit on the deal! Sweet!

:D

Branded

Aug 10, 2000
I got the shelf tag that says 'free'
Will scan it tonight.

Actually, it should say 'make $10'