Plant problems! Please help!

KarsinTheHutt

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2000
I have three plants at school that are not looking so good. They share the same pot, and the leaves on all three of them are drooping and look like they are on the verge of shrivling up.

The leaves are still a healthy green colour but I'm worried this won't last for long... I am sure water is not the problem as the plants get watered every week or so. Maybe they need nutrients or something. I don't even know what species these plants are, but they look like they came out of a jungle.

FettsBabe

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
First, we need to know what type of plants they are. If you don't know the name, search on the net, and get me a picture. I'm great with indoor plants.;)

shiznut123

Banned
Dec 22, 2000
Have you tried the Dynomite plant food? It works well with my front yard flowers and plants.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

plants in your classroom

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

We all know what kind of plants these are.

jk...good luck keeping em alive!

MisFit

Feb 5, 2001
Maybe they need to be repotted into their own pots, the roots maybe crowded and drainage may not be good.
Try watering from the bottom, instead around base of the plant.

db

Lifer
Dec 6, 1999
If you put your finger into the soil and it's totally dry, it needs water.
And why are you taking the leaves off again?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
There are lots of posibilities. If a plant looses turgidity, the immediate suspect would be lack of water. A water cycle at one stage of growth can become insufficient as the plant grows. The pot can become rootbound and not hold moisture. The soil can become overburdoned with evaporates from hard water that are toxic. Light conditions may be unsufficient for long term health. Night temperatures may have dropped below healthy limits etc. I would start with repotting and a close look at watering.

Plantanthera

Jan 28, 2001

Lack of water. Soak your plant in water for 1 hour to regenerate it. You may need to water the plant more regularly (2~3 times per week), and it may requier repoting.

Droopy leaves - lack of water.

Yellow leaves - lack of light, lack of nutrient, incorect Ph balance, or lightly toxic soil, or a bit too much nitrogen.

Spoty leaves - Dease, really toxic soil or way too much nitrogen.