Plans for when Biden loses?

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I do not think you lack the tools to dialogue with me. I think that, when dialogue with me leads you to see me in ways which you do not wish to see, then this is how you avoid recognizing it. Probably because you have seen in me an ideal to which you aspire. One that is both real and false at the same time.

How would you judge me, that if it comes to war, instead of choosing on morals I choose the side which I think will win?

How would you judge me if I choose on morals and end up on a different side than you?
Maybe direct message each other?

• Haha
Reactions: ivwshane

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
I often experience a feeling that I lack both the interpretive and communicative skills to clearly dialogue with you. This may be my own issue and have nothing to do with you. I think it can happen any time I attempt a challenging discussion or at least at times. It does not help that any approach to what I would regard some ‘deep truth’ for a lack of better words always involves paradox. To me that means that a higher insight into reality dissolves opposites one or the other of which someone else may see only one side of.

At any rate, I feel l may have gone aground on the ideas of moralism and morality. I use morality as a real thing, not a subjective opinion, and moralism as a bigoted judgement, a tool people use to raise their own personal stature in their own eyes above that of others. This is the disease of comparison, the disease of judgment, the disease of competition, an endless state driven by fear of failure and inadequacy.

There is no better way to steer the bus than morality, but only morality that is real. That can be had only by enlightenment, the death of the false self and the are re-acquisition of the true self. This is what I believe and can see. I do not think it is a widely shared view.

To answer whether I have any evidence it took hold, I need to know took hold in whom. For me personally, yes. It was the question that led to my personal destruction of everything sacred to me, my Christian faith. I could not find any way to prove that to be moral was superior to selfish greed which would be obvious if God we’re real, and I could not prove that he does. This robbed me of any future hope of joy.

But a funny thing happened on the way to the utter surrender to despair, the acceptance that life has no meaning. In a flash I realized that my need for meaning is as meaningless as anything else. I knew in that instant why the zen masters have the story about a man of slowly fading strength hanging from a cliff, tiger above and tiger below, who plucked a strawberry growing there that tasted so good. It has tasted good all the rest of my life. It tastes like Beethoven’s Ode to Joy or Silent Night. Who understands that God is within? You prove God exists when he reveals His face to the dead.

Morality is what society as a whole deems to be moral. Morality isn't something you compete for against other people, it's something you agree with among other people.
You pushing your morality on other people is no different than you pushing your opinion on other people. The difference, I suspect, is that you really believe in your moral opinion more than in your other opinions. You've tied your being to your opinion. Like most people with strong opinions I again suspect that when people don't agree or accept your moral opinion your ego is hurt and since you've tied your moral opinion to your ego, it hurts even more when you are rejected. That rejection leads to you to put up defenses to protect yourself. You feeling superior because of your moral opinion is just another defense mechanism. Trump, the narcissist, feels and uses the same defense mechanism as does almost every human to some extent.

The trick is realizing that your moral opinion isn't tied to who you are as a person but just another opinion you have that you can explore for truth like you do all your other opinions. There is no being right or being wrong but merely seeking the truth. Its the scientific method for the ego. Finding truths and facts can be the ego boost one desires.

Of course that all could be bull shit as I have no educational background in the matter but I welcome the scrutiny;)

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Should alter the headline to "... when Biden goes to jail"

What are the odds that Barr will actually move on this?

I doubt Barr would actually indict Biden but I still strongly suspect that sometime this month the DOJ will announce or leak an investigation into Biden or his kids or something like that.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I do not think you lack the tools to dialogue with me. I think that, when dialogue with me leads you to see me in ways which you do not wish to see, then this is how you avoid recognizing it. Probably because you have seen in me an ideal to which you aspire. One that is both real and false at the same time.

How would you judge me, that if it comes to war, instead of choosing on morals I choose the side which I think will win?

How would you judge me if I choose on morals and end up on a different side than you?
I have lived a very long time knowing that people hate themselves and that this fact, un-confronted, turns them into monsters, me included. The result is that little about human nature surprises me. I recon you are a far worse a person than you may imagine though far better than your deepest feelings. What I see in you is a a person who will reveal himself in ways that shows personal integrity and courage and for good or bad I am not easily shaken in my convictions.

I have told you my attitude toward judgment. It is impossible to avoid where self hate is present and a sure way to destroy any possibility of self forgiveness since all judgment is inculcated unconscious self hate.

I hate you and know it is wrong. The bad news is that self hate, the near universal condition, makes real love impossible. Judgement is a mind killer.

I believe that within us is the adumbration of our original self, a breathing tube, if you will, that connects us to some level of sanity. The good lives within us and can never be lost.
Let us be conscious of the violence within us as a result of unconscious belief in our own evil but mindful to that it is God who got buried and hidden within.

Feb 4, 2009
Should alter the headline to "... when Biden goes to jail"

What are the odds that Barr will actually move on this?

This explains why Barr is in quarantine after saying he wouldn’t. Maybe he will stay quarantined until after the election?

Putting that aside, I am so sick of deplorable’s claiming serious crimes then doing not a fucking thing about them.
I am all for Barr bringing charges against Hillary, Biden, Obama, Nancy and whomever else. Bring them to court and charge them. Fucking do it or shut the fuck up.

Reactions: cytg111

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Maybe direct message each other?
This is about understanding the appropriateness of Texashiker’s certainty in his judgement and what it can teach us. One of the first points made was that such self reflection may be unwelcome.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
This explains why Barr is in quarantine after saying he wouldn’t. Maybe he will stay quarantined until after the election?

Putting that aside, I am so sick of deplorable’s claiming serious crimes then doing not a fucking thing about them.
I am all for Barr bringing charges against Hillary, Biden, Obama, Nancy and whomever else. Bring them to court and charge them. Fucking do it or shut the fuck up.
I think the whole point is to create outrage to Republican political advantage via innuendo rather than bringing charges that would be laughed out of court.

Feb 4, 2009
I think the whole point is to create outrage to Republican political advantage via innuendo rather than bringing charges that would be laughed out of court.

Exactly and that is exactly why I am tired of it.
I have been hearing about all this horrible stuff for at least 10 years. To date nobody has been charged.
Are they incompetent or is the accused innocent.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Exactly and that is exactly why I am tired of it.
I have been hearing about all this horrible stuff for at least 10 years. To date nobody has been charged.
Are they incompetent or is the accused innocent.
I think the incompetence lies in the fact that such despicable immoral character assassination is pretty much all they have to run on. They are certainly incapable of governing.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
This is about understanding the appropriateness of Texashiker’s certainty in his judgement and what it can teach us. One of the first points made was that such self reflection may be unwelcome.
I don't think you or anyone else will learn anything form a dishonest troll. This thread is a troll thread and I'm glad it came off the rails.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I don't think you or anyone else will learn anything form a dishonest troll. This thread is a troll thread and I'm glad it came off the rails.
Given lemons they say make lemonade. When one has nothing perhaps a stone for stone soup is in order. Since I believe that people can awaken I don't exclude trolls from that hope. We are all the same. To create the other is to divide the self. But note, it's the first thing I tend to want to do. Fucking trolls. ;)

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Poor clueless TH. Thinks Trump was more fit for office then Obama or Biden.

Delusion runs strong with that one.