Planning to get a phone off costco wireless

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
How was your experience with the service there?

My guy was cool. Told him exactly what i wanted and everything worked out.fine. I had to port out my number before my account closed but the phone i wanted wasnt out yet so he told me to get whatever i wanted at that time and he wpuld reserve me a nexus when it came out and do an exchange.

kyrax12

Platinum Member
May 21, 2010
My guy was cool. Told him exactly what i wanted and everything worked out.fine. I had to port out my number before my account closed but the phone i wanted wasnt out yet so he told me to get whatever i wanted at that time and he wpuld reserve me a nexus when it came out and do an exchange.

it has a three month exchange policy right?

notposting

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2005
Yes, 90 days. I actually bought the Devour there (errrr dumb) and ended up exchanging for the Droid. The first Droid they brought out had a defective proximity sensor too lol.

Might go back there for my next phone.

kyrax12

Platinum Member
May 21, 2010
Yes, 90 days. I actually bought the Devour there (errrr dumb) and ended up exchanging for the Droid. The first Droid they brought out had a defective proximity sensor too lol.

Might go back there for my next phone.

lol why was it dumb to buy a devour there?

notposting

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2005
lol why was it dumb to buy a devour there?

Because it was a Devour!

Although...that keyboard and form factor were sweet. If they had some good hardware in it that would have made a difference (heck they only had a fixed focus camera in it).

kyrax12

Platinum Member
May 21, 2010
Because it was a Devour!

Although...that keyboard and form factor were sweet. If they had some good hardware in it that would have made a difference (heck they only had a fixed focus camera in it).

ah haha

I thought it had to do with more of the costco wireless kiosk service than the phone.

The phone you got it was in new condition right?

sgrinavi

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2007
http://membershipwireless.com/index.cfm/utm_source/costco/utm_medium/landing

Anyone here went this route before instead of just picking up a phone at the store?

Are the phones there new or refurbished?

Bought a Bionic in-store and a Rezound on-line. When I wanted to return the Bionic for radio issues after a week the salesgirl got kinda shitty with me (I guess she lost the commission) and I had to jump through some hoops to keep my upgrade.

The on-line purchase was easy, but it took a few days longer to receive the phone.

At the end of the day it's probably worthwhile for the extra goodies you get and the 90 exchange policy

Johnnie Walker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
www.yourmom.com
Costco is totally amazing, have picked up a few phones from their kiosk. They are new and usually come with added accessories like car charger, case, screen protector, etc. From the couple local ones the people seem to know what they are talking about. Before I purchase new items I usually do research and like learning about new tech, so they do not always know the more specific questions. But I have heard them explain things to other average customers and they know whats going on. Oh yeah, and Costco's warranty/return policy > anywhere else.