Plane turns around mid-flight after woman forgets baby at airport

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
https://pix11.com/2019/03/12/plane-turns-around-mid-flight-after-woman-forgets-baby-at-airport/

According to the paper, the pilot can be heard saying, “May God be with us. Can we come back or what?” to the air traffic control operator.

“This flight is requesting to come back … a passenger forgot her baby in the waiting area, the poor thing,” the operator says, before asking the pilot once again for confirmation.

“A passenger left her baby in the terminal and refuses to continue the flight,” the pilot can be heard saying in English.

“Ok, head back to the gate. This is totally a new one for us!”

Newsweek reports that the mother and her child appear to have reunited at the airport.

Damnit woman.. you had one job! one job! Watch your baby!

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
How does one forget their baby?? I’ve raised two kids and I can’t comprehend how you could forget your baby, much less long enough to board, sit, read skymall, take off and then finally go oh yeah!

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
How does one forget their baby?? I’ve raised two kids and I can’t comprehend how you could forget your baby, much less long enough to board, sit, read skymall, take off and then finally go oh yeah!

Have you been living under a rock this decade?

You'd need a blowtorch to take away a mom's cell phone that they are constantly using to be in touch with everyone on facebook but you're welcome to hold the baby without even an argument.

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001

You'd need a blowtorch to take away a mom's cell phone that they are constantly using to be in touch with everyone on facebook but you're welcome to hold the baby without even an argument.

That’s sadly absolutely true.

Reactions: Thunder 57

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
That women cost the airline quite a bit of fuel, plus the cost of the delays. That was awfully nice of them to turn around.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Woman should be removed from the flight once is re-docked at the gate and put in jail for neglect.
Nah, that only happens to women who abandon babies at the bus station. Since the mother could afford a plane ticket, this was a traumatic experience for her and we are just glad it turned out okay.

Reactions: dank69

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
Woman should be removed from the flight once is re-docked at the gate and put in jail for neglect.

Nah it happened in Saudi Arabia.. they're conservative enough that it isnt considered a crime.

AlanWade

Mar 4, 2019

Oh so very true, 90% of the people in Copenhagen airport must have inbuilt radars to get them to their gates as they are too busy looking down at their phones.
I wonder if the first thing the woman did was to take a picture of her 'forgotten' child to post on FB

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I've heard stories of people leaving their babies on the roof while getting in the car. I get that one but once boarding and getting seated I find it almost impossible to forget the effort to seat an infant. She would have had anywhere from 10-30 minutes to recall, where's my baby?

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
I've heard stories of people leaving their babies on the roof while getting in the car. I get that one but once boarding and getting seated I find it almost impossible to forget the effort to seat an infant. She would have had anywhere from 10-30 minutes to recall, where's my baby?

Her baby is the $1000 piece of technology in her hand that gives her life meaning. What she left behind was just a parasite to her that continues to drain her of her time and money.

Nov 8, 2012

I'm a new parent and already forgot one thing heh. I didn't forget the actual baby, but on my 2nd or 3rd car ride where I was driving her by myself I accidentally forgot to strap her into the car seat. I think I got distracted between someone hurrying me up for my parking spot, so I tossed her in the seat and then had to load her bags, collapse the stroller and put it into the trunk...

Not defending the woman but just saying... sometimes shit happens :p But I doubt I could forget my actual kid, my brain is hardwired for priorities in life - so it automatically directs all priority to baby/wife first and foremost.

Exterous

Super Moderator
Jun 20, 2006

Apparently it's enough of an issue that cars now detect weight in the back seats and remind you to check your car for other humans when you go to leave it

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Yup, such parents should be locked up!
(Who knows what future disasters could thus be averted?)

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2012/jun/11/david-cameron-daughter-behind-pub
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

How does someone fail this bad a parenting.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

How does someone fail this bad a parenting.

Add in the occasion when his bike was stolen after he 'secured' it by attaching it with a chain to a bollard/low post (I assume I don't need to sketch an explanatory diagram?) and in retrospect maybe his holding the Brexit vote with absolutely no plan for what to do should it be lost, should not have come entirely as a surprise?