Pinnacle Studio Movieboard, out of sync sound!!

rivbyte

Jan 14, 2008
I hope this is the right place for this subject, but if not, could one of the moderators please move me?

Coffee Time!!! Go get yourself a cup and try to sludge through this if you DARE!!!! Sorry. I'm just full of it! (Questions that is, because this editing, is so new to me. Don’t know if I should return this Pinnacle StudioMovieboard PCI, or go with the Roxio VSH to DVD software using the USB.
Ok...I decided to give up on my VIDEO-YES, SOUND-NO problem, stop wasting everyone's time on this subject. I wiped the HDD, Re-installed Windows Home 32 Bit OS, Installed the Pinnacle software, and then the PCI all over again. IT WORKS NOW! Yippee! But yet another problem has arisen.
Now, after composite RCA capture, whether or not it was through the VCR, or my JVC Analog camcorder, the sound and the video is completely off by a few seconds.
Could this ever be corrected or is this hardware conflicts within my computer, OR possibly any settings I forgot to enable/disable in the Pinnacle program settings?
I'll have to dig deeper for tutorials on how to use the editing tools, add text, transitions, cutting out unwanted scenes, bad areas, commercials, etc., and adding buttons to split up the different video segments? etc. Seems complicated to me now, but for all of you seasoned editors, it's probably a piece of cake.
I made a sample AVI video, played it back and now the voices are out of sync. Do I have to be a professional movie editor to make a simple basic video?
With the VCR, I'm thinking I'm going to capture, edit, then burn to a DVD, so I captured at MPEG CAPTURE>DVD COMPATIBLE. The length was 1:28:24 and spent about 10.6GB of HDD Space.
Now if I wanted to capture video from my camcorder (analog-Composite) Would I simply capture with - Composite video Input > AVI Capture > M-JPEG (Better) OR go with the MPEG1/2-DVD Quality?
With Pinnacle, their saved file extension is a .stx. If I wanted to send someone a video for them to play on Windows media Player, Quicktime, or Winamp, How would I make a short video in Pinnacles .stx format, and encode it as one of the more popular video formats such as .mov,wmv,mpeg1 or 2? Which is best for E-mail, YouTube, and which is best for playing on a DVD player?
And finally, to burn a DVD, what is the most accepted output...DVD, VCD, SVCD? Is the Pinnacle Burner OK itself to burn, or using NERO or ROXIO be a much better option?

Thank you for any help whatsoever, much appreciated!

gsellis

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2003
OK, not guaranteeing results.

1) Move your capture onto a seperate drive.
2) Your sound card can be the culprit. Audio from the stream goes through the audio processor either on a mobo or on a seperate card. I use an Audigy ZS just for that reason.
3) Capture video from analog in 10 minute bursts.
4) Get more memory if you are hitting the swap file. The swap file and capture on the same drive is a disaster in this instance.

Use DV for capture if it is an option, the load is a lot less. AV -> DV

And when is the audio off by a few seconds, at the end of an hour? That is just a flaw with the codec as audio and video are at different rates. The solution there is the break the captures into 10 min sessions. I don't think Studio has the drop frame option on capture. It is the drop frame setting on capture that compensates for the Audio and video rate differences.

Leave the cuts in the final too.