Piers Morgan: unemployed

Feb 4, 2009
I saw this and I say good, his show was boring, he tries to drum up controversy like Rush and finally I find it odd having a foreign guy talk about US events.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I saw this and I say good, his show was boring, he tries to drum up controversy like Rush and finally I find it odd having a foreign guy talk about US events.

Why is it odd to have someone from another country talk about US events? Considering the fact that basically every other show is US people talking about US events, it might be nice to mix it up.

I never saw the show as cable news makes you stupid, but the provincial motivations here don't make a lot of sense to me.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Hopefully deportation is soon to follow. We already let Canada dump it's trash here, England please send yours elsewhere.

TerryMathews

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Why is it odd to have someone from another country talk about US events? Considering the fact that basically every other show is US people talking about US events, it might be nice to mix it up.

I never saw the show as cable news makes you stupid, but the provincial motivations here don't make a lot of sense to me.

If you had watched the show you would understand. Its a British guy lecturing us about the Constitution. Badly. Here's an example.
LH1W0.jpg

Last edited:

Oldgamer

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2013

Yea I thought the guy was a real "twit" and never cared for his show.

Feb 4, 2009

Yes, I find watching a foreign guy talk about US events odd. Just like I find the BBC news strange.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yes, I find watching a foreign guy talk about US events odd. Just like I find the BBC news strange.

Yeah but so what? Why have every show be from the same US perspective? Don't you think you stand to learn something from having new perspectives? (and really, the UK perspective is one of the least different foreign perspectives you could have)

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
You didn't even watch the show. Not a lot of others did either, that's why he's gone. Why nobody watched him really doesn't ultimately matter.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
I rather enjoyed watching him flail about on the gun issue. But then I didnt actually watch his show. Only the youtube video's of his show.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Cool... I hope that they get rid of Fareed Zakaria's show next.

That said, I really want CNN to ditch the shows with liberal bias and try to stay in between MSNBC and the Fox News channels.

Hell... even CNBC has conservative bias now. Can't anyone try to do a neutral biased news source?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Cool... I hope that they get rid of Fareed Zakaria's show next.

That said, I really want CNN to ditch the shows with liberal bias and try to stay in between MSNBC and the Fox News channels.

Hell... even CNBC has conservative bias now. Can't anyone try to do a neutral biased news source?
One would not think that a difficult task, but apparently it is.

As for Piers, almost a whole minivan's worth of people are going to be very disappointed at this news.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
He is an unpleasant idiot on a one-issue crusade who couldn't make a logical argument to save his life. When you have to constantly shout down your guests because you disagree with them, yet can't refute their points with sensible counterpoints, you shouldn't be on a news channel.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
He is an unpleasant idiot on a one-issue crusade who couldn't make a logical argument to save his life. When you have to constantly shout down your guests because you disagree with them, yet can't refute their points with sensible counterpoints, you shouldn't be on a news channel.

This applies to almost everyone with a talk show on cable news channels.