piers morgan special texas edition, you guys gonna watch this?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Not sure I agree there...how many people own guns (a lot of people - like me - own multiple guns to account for those sales) vs how many do drugs?

The thing is there are people who have one or two or even three firearms and then are satisfied... then there are those who eagerly await the "necessity" to shoot federal and local LEO's in the name of the 2nd Amendment when the great gun grab happens.

And they purchase more weapons.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
The thing is there are people who have one or two or even three firearms and then are satisfied... then there are those who eagerly await the "necessity" to shoot federal and local LEO's in the name of the 2nd Amendment when the great gun grab happens.

And they purchase more weapons.

That isn't why people are buying. There might be a few that buy for this reason, but the vast majority of this panic buying - and I know this from being at gun shops or talking to salesman at shops I'm friends with - ist hat people who either own guns but know they want more will go "I better get them in case they're illegal with only the old ones grandfathered in" in addition to people who have wanted to own a [insert firearm here] but never bothered to buy it, but now knowing it may become illegal decide to buy it while they still can.

This happens every time there's a ban scare, and every major election year.

You're just either trying to paint all gun owners as lunatics to justify your warped ideas on gun legislation, or you're legitimately delusional yourself.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
I'll only watch it if alex comes back on to tear that twit another new one. I just love it when he goes on a mainstream tv show and all the dumbed down passive nazi apoligists are like "omg he sounds like such a nut. Look at him he actually gets mad that they put mining waste products into the drinking water. OMG he is a conspiracy theorist... he thinks mercury is bad for you! That alex guy is just so far from the mainstream. He sounds like such a nut. It doesnt matter if he cites facts because I dont care about facts. I wants someone who will smile and talk all softly and passively while they stab me in the frickin back and bang me up the butt!"

see that's where you're wrong..

alex IS MAINSTREAM.. everyone here knows who he is.. that means MAINSTREAM. he is one of the MAINSTREAM NUTTERS... like bill O'reilly, or Jesse Ventura.. sensationalist, melodramatic, ENTERTAINMENT.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
Yea, that's it, why didn't anyone think to turn inner cities into Gun Free Zones, that would solve all the gang banger gun violence.

It's just a fact that criminals have guns, and are obviously not deterred by gun laws, so our choices are ban/limit guns from law-abiding hands, and ensure they are perfect victims, or stop banning/limiting guns from law-abiding hands, and give them a chance to defend themselves if they want to, and the need arrives.

that's the thing, criminals use guns, on other criminals... i dont see a problem with this...

and all of that violence is brought on, from prohibition..

these criminals are not just ghetto blasting thugs... they are businessmen.. they need to move, an illegal product.. they will stop at nothing.. to move this illegal product.. the guns, are just a means of a way to move this illegal product..

see the real issue here?

these violent gun gangs have no agenda... other than money, which they will receive from selling said illegal substances..that's why they acquire guns...

these people who are all crazy trying to acquire guns have no excuse.. your not selling drugs??? why do you need a gun??? (other than hunting) to go against your government????? that's fucking treason!!!

Last edited:

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
That isn't why people are buying. There might be a few that buy for this reason, but the vast majority of this panic buying - and I know this from being at gun shops or talking to salesman at shops I'm friends with - ist hat people who either own guns but know they want more will go "I better get them in case they're illegal with only the old ones grandfathered in" in addition to people who have wanted to own a [insert firearm here] but never bothered to buy it, but now knowing it may become illegal decide to buy it while they still can.

You're just either trying to paint all gun owners as lunatics to justify your warped ideas on gun legislation, or you're legitimately delusional yourself.

and this is exactly right. there is difference in people like say... me.. i own a 22. it's for fucking raccoons that eat my cat's food...that's it...

i dont see a need to stock up on weapons against my government.. that is plain and simple NUTS.

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002

ok, so what does a gun owner need 5 guns for that he bought as soon as he thought the gov was gonna ban them???

5 assault rifles (semi autos) do you need them to hunt??? (you probably live in the city) do you want to just collect them for a penis extension?? (maybe, but i dont think there's that many tiny penisis in the world) or do you need them to someday possibly rise up against your government??? (probably the case)

if i were the government shit i'd scared too, and be trying to limit everything involving guns (semi/full auto, magazine capacity, etc)

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
see that's where you're wrong..

alex IS MAINSTREAM.. everyone here knows who he is.. that means MAINSTREAM. he is one of the MAINSTREAM NUTTERS... like bill O'reilly, or Jesse Ventura.. sensationalist, melodramatic, ENTERTAINMENT.

how can you be both mainstream and a nutter?

Typical lefty tactic. Label your opponent to attempt to discredit them. Don't actually argue any points. Just go for personal destruction

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
ok, so what does a gun owner need 5 guns for that he bought as soon as he thought the gov was gonna ban them???

5 assault rifles (semi autos) do you need them to hunt??? (you probably live in the city) do you want to just collect them for a penis extension?? (maybe, but i dont think there's that many tiny penisis in the world) or do you need them to someday possibly rise up against your government??? (probably the case)

if i were the government shit i'd scared too, and be trying to limit everything involving guns (semi/full auto, magazine capacity, etc)

who cares?

Why do you need X amount of anything?

Freedom that's why fuckturd.

If I'm not breaking any laws, not committing any crime why the fuck are you trying to limit my rights?

Futhermore,

If you put a limit on the number of rounds, who's going to follow that rule? The clean cut guy that currently follows the law? Or the murder/thug/gang member felon that doesn't follow any rules today?

Why are you turning law abiding good guys into criminals?

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
how can you be both mainstream and a nutter?

Typical lefty tactic. Label your opponent to attempt to discredit them. Don't actually argue any points. Just go for personal destruction

i'm not a lefty... i'm somewhere in the middle..

but, alex jones is definitely mainstream... he's a mainstream nutter.. just like bill o'reilly, or jesse ventura, or that other clown, glenn beck..

zanejohnson

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2002
who cares?

Why do you need X amount of anything?

Freedom that's why fuckturd.

If I'm not breaking any laws, not committing any crime why the fuck are you trying to limit my rights?

Futhermore,

If you put a limit on the number of rounds, who's going to follow that rule? The clean cut guy that currently follows the law? Or the murder/thug/gang member felon that doesn't follow any rules today?

Why are you turning law abiding good guys into criminals?

hey it's not the governments job to decide why each and every individual needs x amount of guns.. that's not practical..

however, if there's 15 fucking ar 15 shootouts, it IS THE GOVERNMENTS JOB to try to stop this.. how can they do it??? limit mag capacity and weapons with that kind of killing power... that's ALL THEY CAN DO... and it's right.. nobody needs those kind of weapons...

we could equate this to why heroin is illegal, but hydrocodone is not... heroin, sure, it's the best painkiller in the world, and everyone with pain, knows this... however hydrocodone won't kill you with one little overdose...so dont give ANYONE heroin, same damn thing... heroin is still available... ar's will still be available on the black market.... so go THERE to get it... if your a normal person, you dont need it... so you get hydrocodone from your doctor.. legally.

see the government can only set GUIDELINES.. it knows, black market exists.. it knows, people who REALLY REALLY WANT OR NEED those black market products, will get them..

we can't have semi auto weapons available to the general public... it needs to be something that you can only get when you REALLY NEED IT...

and unfortunately, the public can't be trusted with semi autos... so lets weed out 70 percent of them, by making a black market good...

Last edited:

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
hey it's not the governments job to decide why each and every individual needs x amount of guns.. that's not practical..

however, if there's 15 fucking ar 15 shootouts, it IS THE GOVERNMENTS JOB to try to stop this.. how can they do it??? limit mag capacity and weapons with that kind of killing power... that's ALL THEY CAN DO... and it's right.. nobody needs those kind of weapons...

we could equate this to why heroin is illegal, but hydrocodone is not... heroin, sure, it's the best painkiller in the world, and everyone with pain, knows this... however hydrocodone won't kill you with one little overdose...so dont give ANYONE heroin, same damn thing... heroin is still available... ar's will still be available on the black market.... so go THERE to get it... if your a normal person, you dont need it... so you get hydrocodone from your doctor.. legally.

see the government can only set GUIDELINES.. it knows, black market exists.. it knows, people who REALLY REALLY WANT OR NEED those black market products, will get them..

we can't have semi auto weapons available to the general public... it needs to be something that you can only get when you REALLY NEED IT...

and unfortunately, the public can't be trusted with semi autos... so lets weed out 70 percent of them, by making a black market good...

limiting magazine capacity or access to "assault weapons" will do nothing to stop mass shootings. guess what - people will just buy pistols and shotguns and go for it instead of rifles.

"that kind of killing power" is completely arbitrary. 9mm and 45ACP penetrate far better than .223 and 5.56, so in that sense pistols are far superior, particularly if you use JHP rounds..now you're blowing holes in stuff.

you want to do REAL damage? 00 buckshot will WRECK people far more than a 5.56 or .223 that is typical of an AR-15 or similar. (7.62mm is also quite nasty), and shotguns are just as easy to obtain (if not easier) than rifles.

bust in with a shotgun, unload, switch to pistols, unload, reload weapon choice, and continue. simple as that. nothing in the AWB legislation can stop this or will stop this.

edit: btw, the supreme court disagrees with you that we can't have semi-auto weapons.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
limiting magazine capacity or access to "assault weapons" will do nothing to stop mass shootings. guess what - people will just buy pistols and shotguns and go for it instead of rifles.

"that kind of killing power" is completely arbitrary. 9mm and 45ACP penetrate far better than .223 and 5.56, so in that sense pistols are far superior, particularly if you use JHP rounds..now you're blowing holes in stuff.

you want to do REAL damage? 00 buckshot will WRECK people far more than a 5.56 or .223 that is typical of an AR-15 or similar. (7.62mm is also quite nasty), and shotguns are just as easy to obtain (if not easier) than rifles.

bust in with a shotgun, unload, switch to pistols, unload, reload weapon choice, and continue. simple as that. nothing in the AWB legislation can stop this or will stop this.

edit: btw, the supreme court disagrees with you that we can't have semi-auto weapons.

some people are so brain dead, that's its not worth it.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004

Has it ever occurred to you that people just enjoy building them? That they like collecting different ones? Or that not all of them are assault rifles? Or that people like going to the range with them?

Have you ever considered this issue, rather than just posting your pre-conceived notions?

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
and this is exactly right. there is difference in people like say... me.. i own a 22. it's for fucking raccoons that eat my cat's food...that's it...

i dont see a need to stock up on weapons against my government.. that is plain and simple NUTS.

OK, I'm sorry. You're not being obtuse. You're just being moronic.

Where from my post do you get "against the government"? Hmm?