Pictures to share...

Rottie

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2002
Hmmm nice pix u have there..I think I will take some of ur pix for next month pix contest :)

lajos

Jul 30, 2007
I looked at some of the galleries and I like the landscape shots much better than the portraits even though most of them are good. There are some shots that could turned out much better, even if the scene is not so nice, if the focusing is sharp like for instance that black bird in the bushes in the Daintree Rainforest gallery. I would have like the bird to be focused very well but as it turned out it's the leaves around it that are more crisp in appearance.

AmpedSilence

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: lajos
I looked at some of the galleries and I like the landscape shots much better than the portraits even though most of them are good. There are some shots that could turned out much better, even if the scene is not so nice, if the focusing is sharp like for instance that black bird in the bushes in the Daintree Rainforest gallery. I would have like the bird to be focused very well but as it turned out it's the leaves around it that are more crisp in appearance.

Yeah, i had a tough time on some of those pics for two reasons.

I was using a Powershot A80 to take these and the focusing at what was essentially night was tough.

Second reason was that the even though it was taken in the afternoon. On the rainforest floor it was like dusk or a little later making the light very minimal and without a tripod or a stronger flash it was hard to get the pictures to turn out right.

As far as portrait v landscape, I took the landscape picture so i could control the picture, exposure, and composition. With the portrait pictures, i handed it off to other people and it was out of my control, so that means YMMV. Some people knew what they were doing (the zoo pics, even they need to be lightened a bit), other people had no clue; i.e. the scuba diving portraits.