Pics. You guys want to see what age can do to a person?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Dec 28, 2001
"No pics to display"

And I was all about to look at your pics and be all like, "that's nice", or, "your wife's very pretty", or something to that effect . . ..

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Jehovah
"No pics to display"

And I was all about to look at your pics and be all like, "that's nice", or, "your wife's very pretty", or something to that effect . . ..

weird. link works when i click on it.

:(

i'm not happy with this new pic host mb i'll just use msn's.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
I'm curious ... do you see yourself getting fat when you go through such a transformation? I'm skinny and heaven forbids if I ever get to that point. Doesn't your relatives tell you, to your face, that you're overweight? I know how it is with Korean relatives. ;)

Dec 28, 2001
Originally posted by: Ranger X
I'm curious ... do you see yourself getting fat when you go through such a transformation? I'm skinny and heaven forbids if I ever get to that point. Doesn't your relatives tell you, to your face, that you're overweight? I know how it is with Korean relatives. ;)

I also second that opinion. I guess I've been raised with the American standard of what being fat is, but you do not look fat by any stretch of the imagination, IMO - hmm, your wife is also very pretty, btw.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
Same story here. Graduate high school at 120 lbs, now I weight 190 stable about 11 years later. I actually got worse eating habits when I entered college and had to cook for myself and am just now cleaning those habits up. But's it's real tough when you are a parent to find time to cook proper meals and work out. I take a martial arts class just to make sure I have some exercise during the weak. Otherwise, I have to lose sleep or accept lower grades or avoid my family to have time to work out. It gets a lot tougher when you get older and have 10,000x the responsibililties that you had when you were a kid. It's all about balancing your priorities, I guess.

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
For me, I was about 125lbs-135lbs in high school until I entered college at 150lbs. Now I'm 142lbs and I don't think I'll let myself get heavier unless it's muscle mass.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Jehovah
Originally posted by: Ranger X

I also second that opinion. I guess I've been raised with the American standard of what being fat is, but you do not look fat by any stretch of the imagination, IMO - hmm, your wife is also very pretty, btw.

thanks jehovah

as to the transformation, ya, my family noticed it.

what's really funny is meeting up with friends and/or distant relatives i haven't seen since before i gained all this weight. they can't believe it's me type thing.

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001
So... Who's idea was it for the second picture?

EDIT: You married a ghost! Her hand is going through the tree!

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
yea i read an article a ways back on how after mid 20's if u keep eating like u did before, u gotta keep uppin ur exersize to insane levels each year to maintain weight. was scary sh*t. i don't eat like that anymore, i don't want to have to lose the weight, from what i've read, its harder then just keeping it off in the first place.

does ur company have a work out room?

luvya

Banned
Nov 19, 2001
Your wife got prettier after marriage...and you....you sir!!! you don't deserve her!!! :|

dfi

Golden Member
Apr 20, 2001
If you lose the weight I bet you will look at least 5 years younger.

You really don't need that much time to workout. Set aside 10 min a day to do sit ups, pull ups, and push ups. Get a jump rope and use it a few times a week. The hardest part is probably getting into a routine. Think of it as brushing your teeth or taking a shower. Just another daily routine that has to be done.

dfi

Squisher

Lifer
Aug 17, 2000
Originally posted by: PlatinumGold
Originally posted by: PipBoy
it isn't age, it's lack of exercise and eating whatever you feel like.

not really, i maintain the same level of food consumption and exercise as i did before.

believe it or not, my metabolism slowed down.

I don't believe that you're the only one this has happened to. It came to me a year ago November that I wasn't going to be around too much longer if I didn't do something about my weight. I have a long way to go, but I'm getting there.

Like others have said, I would think that with some exercise and maybe a slight modification to your diet that you'd drop those pounds in no time.