Pics of the new "home theater"

HaxorNubcake

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2004
Originally posted by: AMDMaddness
How is the picture quality?

Great. Colors are vivid, picture is clear...no complaints. I haven't had any real high def material yet though, just dvd's.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Originally posted by: iliopsoas
I don't see any BOSE components. How can you call it a "home theater"

He probably has Monster cables somewhere in there, it's legit. :D

Oct 19, 2000
Looks pretty nice. I also have had the same problem with running surrounds. Ever since I moved into my new home back in September, I've yet to run surrounds. I'll get around to it eventually :).

Cattlegod

Diamond Member
May 22, 2001
LMAO!!! you stole my setup.

My system is almost identical to that.

samsung 50" DLP
Onkyo 803s
Ascend Acoustincs 340SE's with 200SE's in the rear.

Sep 29, 2004
Ahhhhh ... now you got me dreaming about my future set up. Way off in the future but still .... day dreamin'

Staples

Diamond Member
Oct 28, 2001
You seem to be lacking surround speakers. But other then that, the setup looks good.

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001
Originally posted by: HaxorNubcake
Originally posted by: YOyoYOhowsDAjello
How is everything working out?

Great I love it.

Thanks again! :beer:

Glad to hear it.

Have you played around with placement at all?

(changing distance away from the wall, distance apart, toe-in angle, etc?) :D

HaxorNubcake

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2004

Great I love it.

Glad to hear it.

hah not really. I crawled around on the floor trying to hear the best place for the sub and that place seems to be pretty good (but i never really moved it)

Would any of those distance/angle things make a big difference? Right now each of the speakers has over a foot between wall and back.

Also, how accurate is the auto speaker calibration (using their included mic).

I love how my pic thread turns into ask YoYo about audio stuff :laugh:

YOyoYOhowsDAjello

Moderator<br>A/V & Home Theater<br>Elite member
Aug 6, 2001

Great I love it.

Glad to hear it.

hah not really. I crawled around on the floor trying to hear the best place for the sub and that place seems to be pretty good (but i never really moved it)

Would any of those distance/angle things make a big difference? Right now each of the speakers has over a foot between wall and back.

I think the distance / angle stuff makes more of a noticable difference for music than HT use, but it's good to get it right for both :D
I'm quite limited to what I can do in my own place though, so don't think I'm saying you did a bad job or anything, I know how it is ;)

I've not been very impressed with the auto calibration I've done with the few times I've tried it with various products. I'm not sure if it's the POS microphone they use or the software or whatever, but it hasn't been very good for me.

Getting a calibration disc and an SPL meter would help you get everything right. It really helps to get the most out of the display too. I thought my own display looked pretty good originally but after taking the time to get everything tuned in better, going back to the settings I had before looks like crap :p

HaxorNubcake

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2004

Great I love it.

Glad to hear it.

I think the distance / angle stuff makes more of a noticable difference for music than HT use, but it's good to get it right for both :D
I'm quite limited to what I can do in my own place though, so don't think I'm saying you did a bad job or anything, I know how it is ;)

I've not been very impressed with the auto calibration I've done with the few times I've tried it with various products. I'm not sure if it's the POS microphone they use or the software or whatever, but it hasn't been very good for me.

Getting a calibration disc and an SPL meter would help you get everything right. It really helps to get the most out of the display too. I thought my own display looked pretty good originally but after taking the time to get everything tuned in better, going back to the settings I had before looks like crap :p

How would I go about calibrating the DLP TV, and are there any functional SPL meters for really cheap (<$40)?

TheChort

Diamond Member
May 20, 2003
Since YoYo hasn't said anything yet, I assume it's not a problem, :p
but, is it wise to put a vase on the sub?