Pics of corvette meet

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Hyperlite

Diamond Member
May 25, 2004
thats sad. i saw i least 1 C5R and mabye a C6R, what looked like some lingenfelter vettes, that one FUBAR'd C6 Z06, lots of very old stingrays....sad, very sad. :(

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Maiora
Hurricane? psst. that's called a thunderstorm. Fords would've prevailed with steel bodies but it doesn't change the obvious problem: it would still be a freaking FORD. :laugh:

Good thing nobody was hurt though. If there was lots of lightning hits those tents would not have been the best place to seek shelter from. Might as well sit inside one of those fiberglass body rattletraps! :p

Well, look at that! This thread drew Maiora out of lurkville! :p

Zee

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 1999
all i see is a bunch of rednecks that didnt check the weather nor drive away (in a straight line of course) very quickly

AmigaMan

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Summitdrinker
Originally posted by: biggestmuff
HiTF did that silver 'vette get pwned so bad? The friggin' valve cover was missing from one bank!

I doubt that it's from this storm. if so no tent would be left standing everything would have been blown away but some of the cars

yeah I can imagine the owner out there with a sledge hammer hoping to cash in on an insurance policy to pay for some upgrades :laugh:

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I don't know what's worse. Sitting in 100+ degree temperature during the day with like 90% humidity or running from a tornado in the evening. I bet the tornado did a good job of cooling the weather up there.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I don't understand, they didnt see the storm coming and couldnt get out? I doubt the storm hit so fast they couldn't leave in time...

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
Originally posted by: BCYL
I don't understand, they didnt see the storm coming and couldnt get out? I doubt the storm hit so fast they couldn't leave in time...

i lived there for 4 years, the storms can be randomally bad but they dont hit that fast, you see them comming

amdskip

Lifer
Jan 6, 2001
Originally posted by: shabby
Originally posted by: MrWizzard
Fiberglass Uni-body FTL

Are you sure?
I think he is trying to say is that the body is not individual panels, more so larger or one piece bodies depending on the year and they are fiberglass. I don't believe you can repair, just replace.

maziwanka

Lifer
Jul 4, 2000
this is really freaking sad. what a sour taste this will put in ppl's mouths for years to come. awful.

i know i would think twice then before attending this event in the future

Savarak

Platinum Member
Oct 27, 2001
they said they were all sitting around and drinking when the storm hit... i think its far far better that they DIDN'T get into their cars to get away!

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Originally posted by: NeuroSynapsis
pardon the obvious, but they didn't get the memo that a hurricane was coming?

those pesky hurricanes, popping up out of nowhere

It wasn't a hurricane, most are thinking that it was some sort of freak tornado or whatever. And, although it looked like rain, it did hit very quickly, and was intense for about 15 minutes, and then tapered way off to a light drizzle and then gone. I saw at least a dozen trees uprooted throughout the town, power was out for half of it, power lines were down and roads were blocked by trees. Earlier that day it was pretty clear actually. I don't think i can remember a storm quite like that one in Carlisle in the 20 years that i have lived here.

The corvette show is pretty much the big end to the Car Show season here, and is always a pretty big deal. There is a parade, and dozens upon dozens of Corvettes in town for the few days that the show lasts. That this freak storm happened then really sucks.