Picked up a cheap chinese knockoff of a cheap mini keyboard (iPazzport KP-810-19)

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Took a chance and ordered this thing last week
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._ya_os_product

What showed up was this thing
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-iPazz...ords=iPazzPort

I'm debating on whether to return the cheap junk received or just keep it to see what happens. For all I know genuine unisen ipazzports are garbage.

The sticker on the packaging lists iPazzport KP-810-19 but the packaging was not Unisen packaging and the silkscreen on the touchpad just said "touchpad" and not the typical iPazzPort you would see on an Unisen made product. There are no serial numbers or any kind of identifying marks on this thing.
It comes with 2 AAA batteries (in my case...loose batteries as the packaging had been opened), a short usb extension cord, a poorly made USB transmitter and something that looks and acts like iPazzport KP-810-19 (at least I think so maybe).

As of today, it works. I have yet to see smoke or insects crawl through the gaps in the poorly fitted plastic. The touchpad and keys are comparable to the little cheap LCD games you get out of vending machines. Go to any store and look for the cheapest remote control car in the clearance bin. That kind of build quality.

Having got that out of the way, I'm going to assume that this knock off accurately reflects the design of an iPazzport KP-810-19.

Has anyone actually used any of the ipazzports?

Auric

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I got one of these recenty -sealed plastic pack as shown, marked "Touchpad" and sans batteries. Although Unisen shows this model marked "iPazzPort" on their domain of the same name, I would not be assume "Touchpad" means it is not genuine ("Touchpad" is used in the title at unisen-usa but the photo is too small to make out). I did consider purchasing direct to avoid such possibility but ended up using ebay due to bucks credit.

Anyhoo, the point of this model KP-810-19 is minimal features and low-cost (retail $14.99) so the build quality should not be surprising. I chose it specifically due to the latest layout and use of standard batteries not wanting to charge yet another device. I figured if it worked okay then I could always get a future model, particularly if finding lack of backlight an issue.

So far, I have only given it a quick test to confirm working. My primary use will be XBMC.

Peter Nixeus

Aug 27, 2012
www.nixeus.com
We had a few of them in our office for testing - performance is all over the place. I recommend getting the Lenovo N5902 for few dollars more for your HTPC needs. Lenovo sometime have them on sale for $20 or less. Or they give promo codes to get them cheaper than MSRP.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
We had a few of them in our office for testing - performance is all over the place. I recommend getting the Lenovo N5902 for few dollars more for your HTPC needs. Lenovo sometime have them on sale for $20 or less. Or they give promo codes to get them cheaper than MSRP.

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll keep my eye on sales

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I have generic Logitech MX260(?) series for a while.
I really liked the design of the iPazzport because it fits right in the remote control drawer. I've read that the market is flooded with knockoffs (what I received) and the units made by iPazzport are made a smidge better.
Will have to see if the Lenovo unit will play nice with the other remotes in the drawer.