Physical PC version of Black Ops II reportedly contains Mass Effect 2 disc

Dankk

Diamond Member
Jul 7, 2008
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/13446k/owners_of_the_pc_version_of_black_ops_2_are/

People who bought the PC version of Black Ops II report that Disc #1 installs fine, but when they insert Disc #2, the computer reads it as a Mass Effect 2 disc.

Word is that both EA and Activision share a disc manufacturing plant. Someone at the factory probably made a mistake.

Here is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_a0TzFx5hE

r0YUA.png

Last edited:

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
It only sucks for people with shitty connections. Most just download it off of Steam anyways.

Lifted

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2004
If BF3 was on the second disc I'd suspect an epic troll. This is just an expensive mistake.

I wonder how many copies they've sent out like that.

Creed must be in charge of QA.

Last edited:

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
It only sucks for people with shitty connections. Most just download it off of Steam anyways.

For many people, a physical copy is cheaper than a Steam copy. Often by a significant margin, so they wouldn't be able to start downloading until their cheaper physical copy had arrived.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
It's not that uncommon really, just a high profile release. I have an old Aqua Teen Hunger Force S2 or S3 DVD that has "The Maltese Falcon" on disc 3 instead of... you know... disc 3.

Nov 7, 2000
i remember when i bought civ4, i think i got 2 disc 1s instead of 1 and 2, or something like that. was a pain to get remedied. long live steam!

Ashenor

Golden Member
May 9, 2012
I remember installing Might and Magic Dark side of Xeen the second time and not being able to find the 42nd install floppy, was a sad day.

skipsneeky2

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
Glad to see Bioware has a sense of humor about this.:thumbsup:

If by chance that was BF3 instead of ME2,oh man that would be more then just a omen.

Haven't laughed this hard in a while,one doesn't simply make such a mistake.:whiste: Hell the comments themselves are better then standup comedy on that youtube video LOL and my favorite one....."So what? You got an awesome game instead of a shitty game. Lucky you.
Sonico30 3 hours ago "

Epic!

Last edited: