PHP h4x0rs check in here.

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
Alright I've installed invision board, created a news forum, and searched website integration stuff and found rather confusing things.

All i want to do is make whatever gets posted in the news forum of my invisionboard to also be posted on the main page of my website (index.htm).

Everything I found requires me to use phpmyadmin, which i found to be very fscking confusing, or edit/create a php script, which i found to be even more fscking confusing.

Does anyone know of any n00b way to export news posts?

jonmullen

Platinum Member
Jun 17, 2002
Well unless they make a mod for this the only way I would know to do it, is to pull the info from the database and present it yourself...this is going to require some understanding of SQL and php, or SQL and whatever serverside language you want to do it in. Have you ever done any programming with a database backend? PHP and Perl are probally going to be your choices.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: fatbaby
Alright I've installed invision board, created a news forum, and searched website integration stuff and found rather confusing things.

All i want to do is make whatever gets posted in the news forum of my invisionboard to also be posted on the main page of my website (index.htm).

Everything I found requires me to use phpmyadmin, which i found to be very fscking confusing, or edit/create a php script, which i found to be even more fscking confusing.

Does anyone know of any n00b way to export news posts?

If the information is stored in a databaes, it's really simple. Just make a database connection with your index.php file and extract the data from there.

JackDawkins

Aug 15, 2003
It's not simple at all. If you don't know how to code PHP and use MySQL, then it's impossible.

First off, forget PHPMyAdmin. That's for administrating your database and you don't need it to do this. It is a very handy tool but not applicable here.

Second, if you can't code PHP then find someone who can. It is really fairly simple if you know what you're doing, but more complicated than just posting a couple of lines of code here. Primarily because anyone doing the coding needs to know the database structure so they can pull the correct data and specify parameters.

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: JackDawkins
It's not simple at all. If you don't know how to code PHP and use MySQL, then it's impossible.

First off, forget PHPMyAdmin. That's for administrating your database and you don't need it to do this. It is a very handy tool but not applicable here.

Second, if you can't code PHP then find someone who can. It is really fairly simple if you know what you're doing, but more complicated than just posting a couple of lines of code here. Primarily because anyone doing the coding needs to know the database structure so they can pull the correct data and specify parameters.

If you have a basic understanding of programming languages, then PHP is not that difficult. I'm assuming fatbaby has some programming experience.