Photoshop vs Elements?

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Howdy,

I have Photoshop Elements and was looking for some tutorials on using it to make flyers and posters and things like that. I can find a million tutorials on Photoshop but few if any specifically on Elements.

Are the basics of both programs similar enough that I can watch some tutorials on Photoshop and just know that I might have to skip some steps if they use specific functionality that Elements doesn't have?

And does anyone know of any sites that have tutorials on Elements? Even going to Youtube and searching for Elements gives me tutorials for Photoshop itself.

Thanks!

Last edited:

ronbo613

Golden Member
Jan 9, 2010
The basic functions and actions of both programs are about the same. Photoshop has more options, but cropping is cropping. There is a learning curve for working effectively with images with both Elements and Photoshop.

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
All those tutorials seem to be about photo editing which isn't what I'm looking for.

xgsound

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
Not what you asked for, but something to try. YMMV
I used to use "Print shop deluxe" for flyers, posters, and signs for it's ease of use. The only thing I found to come close since is "Draw" inside of (free) Libreoffice 5. It opens PDFs and has text blocks, shapes, and works with images. I've even modified a few PDFs for other uses. It can save as a .PDF or .ODG.

Jim

sonitravel09

Jun 25, 2014
The two products work side by side. They are not replacements for each other. If you shoot raw, Lightroom is a great tool. If you use a Macintosh, consider aperture also.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
All those tutorials seem to be about photo editing which isn't what I'm looking for.

If all you want to do is make flyers and posters, there's no need for a photo editing app. Just use Windows Paint.