Photoshop experts - need help

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
Ok, so I have an image scanned in that was a pencil sketch. Unfortuantly, the artist used lined paper to sketch it. So there are blue lines in it (think wide ruled paper).

Any easy way to get rid of the blue lines?

I've tried messing with channels, and replace color - but both failed (unless someone else can be clearer).

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Airsofter
upload the pic. Should be easy.

Unfortuantly, I'm practicing on something I found. I don't have the permission to upload it, etc.

I'm just practicing, and thought it would be an unusual problem.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Image -> Adjustments -> Replace Color

Using the eyedropper select the lines. You may have to use the eyedropper + to make the selection more accurate.

Once done, drag the lightness bar all the way to the left to make the lines disappear.

Jun 4, 2005
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny

Using the eyedropper select the lines. You may have to use the eyedropper + to make the selection more accurate.

Once done, drag the lightness bar all the way to the left to make the lines disappear.

:thumbsup:

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: LoKe

<3 da' LoKe!

Dubb

Platinum Member
Mar 25, 2003

yep. I'll also add that scans of pencil sketches never reproduce well, on screen or in print. best option is usually to dump it into illustrator and use livetrace to convert it to vector.

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004

Yea, I did this - then I have lines all through the drawing, I'm manually fixing now - what a pain.

Dubb

Platinum Member
Mar 25, 2003
Originally posted by: episodic

Yea, I did this - then I have lines all through the drawing, I'm manually fixing now - what a pain.

which you would not have to do had you done what I suggested.