Phone (HTC/Cingular/AT&T 8525) has a standby life of about 6 hours..

Syringer

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
It seems to have just started pretty recently, but I can't go through half a day without having to recharge the damn thing..any tips on what can be sucking up the battery?

kedlav

Aug 2, 2006
how long have you had the phone, and do you use good battery management practices (drain nearly all the way before charging)?

bassoprofundo

Golden Member
Oct 26, 1999
www.heatware.com
If it just started with no changes to your mail retrieval settings (push, etc.), no new apps installed, etc., it's probably just a worn battery. I ran into the same thing with mine when I had it after a year and am running into the same thing with my Tilt now after a year. I ended out just snagging a second OEM battery and keeping the original as a backup. It'll probably run you $20-ish, and assuming no app issues causing a major drain, you'll be back to your original battery life. Well worth it IMHO...

BTW... A hard reset will (obviously) clear any potential app issues if you're looking to isolate the problem, but you'll have to reinstall any addon apps and restore your data. If you haven't done so, I highly recommend trying some 3rd-party ROMS for the phone. More info at the XDA Devs Forums.