Phone called someone by itself on the charger...

spdfreak

Mar 6, 2000
My sister said she got a call from me at 3:30am and of course I wasn't on the phone since I was asleep and the phone was on the charger in the other room. It shows up on her call log but not mine. This is on Visible who I recently switched to from T-mo. She is on T-mo. Anyone ever have this happen- and should I call Visible to see what is going on? I've heard of people getting their phones cloned but I don't even know how that works. My phone has a physical sim if that matters.

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Never had anything like that happen.

Were you ever living together with the same phone #s you have now? I'm wondering if some robocaller is using the "people search" sites' data to spoof caller phone # to increase odds of the called party, answering. Then again, you'd think they would call at a different time than 3AM to also increase odds of answering.

Any chance that you have a misbehaving app on your phone?

spdfreak

Mar 6, 2000
When I did some searching on the problem, it seems to be a problem with her phone- someone has gotten her contact list and is using my name and # to try to spoof her. There was no call from my phone per se, but her phone thinks it was my #. I suspect they use names that are saved as just first names since those would be family or close friends that you would normally answer.