Phoenix (Chandler) Rapist finally found. Has raped 4 young girls over last 2 years

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BigJ

Lifer
Nov 18, 2001
Originally posted by: herkulease
anyone besides me always find it funny that neighbors family always describe murders/rapist as the nicest people they've met?

My next door neighbor is a convicted sex offender that hit on young teen boys. He's always been a dick.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Originally posted by: MmmSkyscraper
Originally posted by: BrownTown
Originally posted by: altonb1
The fact that all illegals are crossing the border ILLEGALLY does, in fact, make them all criminals. That is a fact based on the definition of a criminal is someone that commits a crime. They entered illegally. Hence, they commited a crime.

and so do you downloading music off the internets...

:confused:

Oranges and apples much?

Yeah, I think that's the point he was trying to make actually. Entering a country illegally is a pretty inconsequential crime in the grand scheme of things. What this guy did is not a reflection of all illegal immigrants, so why is this thread about illegal immigration? :confused: The OP apparently cares more about the crime of illegal immigration than about rape - how many threads has he started about rapists who weren't illegal immigrants? That's pretty messed up.

mrkun

Platinum Member
Jul 17, 2005
Yeah, I don't see why the fact that he is an illegal immigrant is relevant. The article said he was already deported twice, so you can't say that this wouldn't have happened if the law were enforced. What point are you trying to make?

mooglemania85

Diamond Member
May 3, 2007
Originally posted by: Farang
UPDATE: I walked and got the M&Ms, but now I feel sick from eating too many M&Ms.

I did that a few days ago, its crazy how those things can make you sick eating them on an empty stomach.

M&Ms aren't that bad. Try eating too many skittles on an empty stomach.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Originally posted by: mrkun
Yeah, I don't see why the fact that he is an illegal immigrant is relevant. The article said he was already deported twice, so you can't say that this wouldn't have happened if the law were enforced. What point are you trying to make?

its relevant because if we had a secure border we wouldn't have to have deported him twice:p

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
Originally posted by: mrkun

its relevant because if we had a secure border we wouldn't have to have deported him twice:p

Mad props to the rapist though, he managed to get in to the US three times. Three. </sarcasm>

Originally posted by: jpeyton
Sorry, foreign terrorism is a priority, not security of our homeland.

I prefer shipping $500 billion overseas to Iraq/Afghanistan versus spending a fraction of that to beef up immigration enforcement, detention/imprisonment, and prosecution.

A lot of good that money (and it's a lot more than $500 billion) is doing us; half the world hates us now. If the US handled airport security like the Israelis (COMING FROM A PALESTINIAN; I am automatically considered "high-risk" flying through there no matter what) we would have a lot less problems to worry about today.

altonb1

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2002
Originally posted by: altonb1
well he won't be getting out ever again, so problem solved there

as for the whole illegal immigrant thing, as much as I am a conservative and don't like illegal immigrants the whole implication from these type of stories about illegal immigrants all being criminals is really not usefull.

I think the point is that the guy was illegal and if he had not been in the country, he would not have been able to commit the crimes--at least not in the US. Furthermore, he had been deported twice already, so that is a total of THREE times the guy crossed illegally.

The fact that all illegals are crossing the border ILLEGALLY does, in fact, make them all criminals. That is a fact based on the definition of a criminal is someone that commits a crime. They entered illegally. Hence, they commited a crime.

and so do you downloading music off the internets...

:rolls;

Who said I download music off the internet? I only listen to XM in my car, and I don't own an MP3 player. However, you can't even equate the two.

Fact is, if you tried to sneak into most any other country in the world, you would NOT be treated as if it was not a big deal. In some places, you would be killed immediately. Others would throw a hefty jail term at you in horrible conditions.

This is not making a blanket statement that all immigrants are violent criminals, but that this guy was not supposed to be in our country at all, was deported twice already, and in the end, was a kid toucher/rapist.

If it was your child that had been raped by this guy, would you be so willing to say that it was okay that he had been deported twice and still came back a 3rd time because it isn't a big deal?