PETA vs the Boy Scouts

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Sugadaddy

Banned
May 12, 2000
OMG, anybody watch that commercial? :D LOL It's so ridiculous!!

Hi, my name's Justin the boy scout. I will never go fishing because it's WRONG to hurt animals.

Give me a break!

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< OT in OT:

<< Showing your anger is proven to be far better than holding it in. >>

I can't provide a link at the moment, but I have run across studies that prove just the opposite as well. They show that expressing anger leads to further outbursts and a lower tolerance for such situations. Just FYI. :)

Just found a link.

Linky.
>>

#1 It only targets middle aged men and I think we can both agree that doesn't apply here.
#2 It only targets people with rigid anger and I dont see any proof that this guy is always like this. Just because someone gets angry doesn't mean they are angry all the time.

And I believe this quote says it all:

&quot;People who hid their anger reported that, when mad, they boiled inside but didn't show it and were angrier than they liked to admit. &quot;

What this article proves is that if you are an angry person or overly negative all the time, the impact is null. And even then only with middle aged men

And it shows no bearing on people who are not angry all the time.

I have a family member who has been a psychotherpist for over 30 years and he will tell you that on average, people who let their anger out feel better and solve more problems then those who bottle it up and dont share their emotions.

Texmaster

Banned
Jun 5, 2001

<< Tex,

He also posted this:

An SUV pulled out in front of me in the rain yesterday and I screeched to a halt (coming within 5 inches of it) then my car slid into the right lane (in heavy traffic) and a truck almost hit my side. I was so mad because the SUV driver wouldn't even stop (I didn't know if I hit it or not - couldn't hear it cause' my tires were screeching so loud).. I was behind it at a red light actually thinking about beating the windows out with my trusty Mag Lite.. I was unbelievable mad.

If he is even 10% serious, he poses a threat to the community and himself.

Why himself? Alot of people carry weapons in their cars... I used to in my 20's. If he came at my car with a Mag Lite, he would have met my MagNum. Road rage is dangerous... I tend to be hyper-forgiving for just that reason.
>>

Road rage is dangerous but I would rather him express his feelings here and feel better than act on them

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
Tex, thanks for sticking up for me.. I'm really not an angry person. I believe these were two cases in which I'm justified in being angry.

#1 Almost got killed (or at least my car totaled) and the SUV didn't stop.
#2 PETA attacking an organization that helped bring my father and I closer together, that my grandpa and his father took part in, that made me a lot of friends, that taught me how to change a tire...

I don't think posting heated discussion in forums is even a suggestion that I'm violent and I need help.