Perseid Meteor Shower tonight

illusion88

Lifer
Oct 2, 2001
http://www.serve.com/wh6ef/comets/meteors/august_radiants.html

Unfortunatly the moon is going to be up all night. Perseid doesn't rise until after midnight, so your best bet to see them on the west coast would be about 2am. Even then, the moon is goign to cause alot of intereference.

But the good news is, this meteor shower is two weeks getting to us (that's past), it stays for two weeks, then takes two weeks to leave. So if you miss out on the peak (today and tomorrow), there are other days.

pcnerd37

Sep 20, 2004
The peak started at 7PM EST, so the peak is happening right now and its too light to see anything. Its also very cloudy here, so between the clouds and the moon, i doubt i will get to see them this year.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Originally posted by: pcnerd37
The peak started at 7PM EST, so the peak is happening right now and its too light to see anything. Its also very cloudy here, so between the clouds and the moon, i doubt i will get to see them this year.

The sky's as clear as a...piece...of glass...here....so we should be alright.

I need to work on my simile-ing skills :(

pcnerd37

Sep 20, 2004
Originally posted by: Mrvile
Originally posted by: pcnerd37

The sky's as clear as a...piece...of glass...here....so we should be alright.

I need to work on my simile-ing skills :(

Lucky you. I just looked and we are supposed to have scattered thunderstorms all night and part of tomorrow, so i will most likely miss it this year. Have fun.

Ika

Lifer
Mar 22, 2006
Interesting. I hope I can catch it today, I've never seen it before.