Perseid Meteor Shower & Comet NEOWISE - anyone looking?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Saw a couple tonight, and then saw a super bright one too was pretty cool. Neowise is mostly gone at this point right? i was trying to see if I can find it but did not see anything. It may have been too low at the horizon too for where I was.

I should setup my camera in time lapse mode overnight actually... going to charge up the battery and do that I think.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Neowise is mostly gone at this point right? i was trying to see if I can find it but did not see anything. It may have been too low at the horizon too for where I was.

I should setup my camera in time lapse mode overnight actually... going to charge up the battery and do that I think.
At 10pm tonight it's only 15 degrees above the horizon. At 11pm, only 4 degrees. (for my location)
So, unless you can see right to the horizon it'll be gone by 11:30 or so.
Might catch some meteors though.

I tried again around 2-2:30 & the clouds straight up broke up a bit. I saw 1 meteor last night & it wasn't a Perseid.

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
Spotted Comet NEOWISE tonight. Heavens Above has it listed at mag 7 but it looks fainter than that. Probably because it's so low on the horizon for me. But i did verify it after coming back in, so :cool:

4 satellites, 4 meteors, 3 moons & some other deep sky objects. Not too bad for 45 or so minutes.