Pepsi "call your play" contest is the worst ever

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
58 entries (from caps) and nothing. Plus this contest has a east coast bias. Like 80% of all the winners are from the north east (can tell from the winners map)

BOO!

That is all.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
LOL..

I posted about this several weeks back. I put in 317 codes and didn't win anything.

so, yeah, i agree.

Anubis

No Lifer
Aug 31, 2001
tbqhwy.com
i hate these contests, if i have to go register on some website and put codes in i dont do that

i miss the days when 1 out of 6 got you a free soda :( and it just said it on the cap

LtPage1

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2004
Originally posted by: Anubis
i hate these contests, if i have to go register on some website and put codes in i dont do that

i miss the days when 1 out of 6 got you a free soda :( and it just said it on the cap

QFT.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Anubis
No doubt.

I actually played this one cause we have a Pepsi machine here at work where I'd get a pop or two everyday, so I figured I'd enter them. Not sure how many I entered, < 30 I believe, I did end up winning a Packer's winter hat though. :D

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
I totally disgree, I've won several nice prizes from various pepsi sweeps, the folks at Young America are a pleasure to deal with.

So far on thos promo I've only got 2 tee shirts but on the last I got 2 really thick,nice quality hooded sweatshirts, I've also won a 32 inch Sharp LCD tv and PS3 so I'm loving Pepsi/ mountain dew:)

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
I totally disgree, I've won several nice prizes from various pepsi sweeps, the folks at Young America are a pleasure to deal with.

So far on thos promo I've only got 2 tee shirts but on the last I got 2 really thick,nice quality hooded sweatshirts, I've also won a 32 inch Sharp LCD tv and PS3 so I'm loving Pepsi/ mountain dew:)

notice she's from the north east.....

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: slag
LOL..

I posted about this several weeks back. I put in 317 codes and didn't win anything.

so, yeah, i agree.

wow....coke has buy 8 get one free. I just go for those and skip the other contests. 317 / 8 = roughly 39 sodas you coulda been drinking.

Anyway soda is bad for you. water!!

mrSHEiK124

Lifer
Mar 6, 2004
I used my mountain dew xbox 360 launch codes for two keychains and two skullcaps/beanies. I live in FL, and I won something from Pepsi. FL =! Northeast.

This thread = Fail.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: slag
I put in 317 codes and didn't win anything.

so, yeah, i agree.

Wow that really sucks. Not playing for the truck everytime were ya? ;) - I went Red Zone everytime.

Originally posted by: maddogchen

Heh, right on. I wonder what the reason is for so many more winners in the northeast though. Florida also has many more winners. Here's a pic of the winner's map: picture

I don't know what mountain dew xbox 360 launch codes are but that's a different contest. I'm only talking about the Pepsi "call your play" contest, not every soda contest in the history of the world.

Also like the other guy said I wish they would all just revert to "look under the cap to see if you've won!" instead of showing a string of 8 letters/numbers where you have to online, register somewhere, and enter the code, all to find out you didn't win a god damn thing.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: maddogchen

Yep. Way to not refute the OP's point.