People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (ie-Roy Horn)

DogFromDuckhunt

Dec 15, 2001
Lovely bunch of fellows they are.

?Perhaps Friday?s frightening accident will make you realize that a brightly lit stage with pounding music and a screaming audience is not the natural habitat for tigers, lions or any other exotic animals. The only natural thing that happened on that stage was that this majestic animal lashed out against a captor who was beating him with a microphone because he wouldn?t do a trick.

No matter how much you say that you love the wild animals whom you have confined miles away from their natural habitats, you are still the men who have subjugated their wills and nature to further your own careers.?

The above was a fax set directly to Roy Horn's (of Siegfried and Roy) hospital room. The very same Roy Horn who had a stroke caused by blood loss, and is still in critical condition after being attacked by a tiger he was performing with.

/me thinks PETA needs to be reminded of what the E in their own acronym stands for.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'm starting an organization:

PUTPETA

People for the Unethical Teatment of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Anyone want in?

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
I'm starting an organization:

PUTPETA

People for the Unethical Teatment of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Anyone want in?

Count me in. Should we have a public pig roast at every meeting?

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
The wrong time and wrong way for the guy to do it but the point he is making has some validity. The problem with PETA is that many times their methods end up having the opposite effect of what they are trying to accomplish. They really need to quit appearing to put animal welfare ahead of human welfare. The 2 are not mutually exclusive.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
peta should ask themselves what happens to white tigers in the wild.

yes.. they die.

Stallion

Diamond Member
May 4, 2000
I have to agree with Linflas. They could of waited until the guy was up and walking, if he will. But you have to admit, they have a point. It just goes to show you can't take the natural instints out of a 300 pound cat. These things kill to survive and just because they have been raised differently then most other cats, I'm sure they don't think their little fur balls.

It was only a matter of time. You mess with the bull, you get the horns. Or teeth, what ever fits.

I am sorry it happened , but.....

Vernor

Sep 9, 2001
If they'd waited, they would get no attention.

PETA are simply brilliant at getting publicity.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
The wrong time and wrong way for the guy to do it but the point he is making has some validity. The problem with PETA is that many times their methods end up having the opposite effect of what they are trying to accomplish. They really need to quit appearing to put animal welfare ahead of human welfare. The 2 are not mutually exclusive.
The problem with PETA is the extremeness of their ideology, and so there is really no other way for PETA to go about expressing what they believe in without truly looking like complete idiots because they truly are complete idiots. What you see is what you get.

PETA has flirted with whether they wanted to change their 'image' and make it seem as though they are more moderate than they truly are, which means they would be misleading people about what they are truly about. So far, PETA has tended to resist this philosophy, which I give credit them for. Its nice to know there are extremist groups who are not afraid to let people know where they really stand.

This is how the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) came about. HSUS was formed by those very animal rights extremists who left PETA out of frustration because they wanted the organization to have a better image, thus receive more support, by making it 'appear' more moderate than they truly are (mislead people).

HSUS is not related whatsoever to the local Humane Society chapters and shelters that have been staples of American communities for over a century and actually benefit animals. HSUS does not fund Humane Society chapters or shelters. It has no relationship with them at all.

Until very recently, HSUS spent a miniscule fraction of a percentage of its sizable annual budget on benefitting any animals and only began doing so after its activities and use of funds came under public scrutiny and criticism (including several scandals). Its basically a fund-raising arm of the animal rights extremism movement.

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Stallion
I have to agree with Linflas. They could of waited until the guy was up and walking, if he will. But you have to admit, they have a point. It just goes to show you can't take the natural instints out of a 300 pound cat. These things kill to survive and just because they have been raised differently then most other cats, I'm sure they don't think their little fur balls.

It was only a matter of time. You mess with the bull, you get the horns. Or teeth, what ever fits.

I am sorry it happened , but.....

i agree. im sure they will make some statements about the crazy drug addict mauled by bears sometime soon as well.

Toasthead

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2001
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
PETA can go to hell.

Indeed.

Would they rather S&R return them to their natural habitat where they will be hunted and killed so that the locals can make ornamental rugs out of their hides? I mean COME ON! I would NEVER have gotten the chance to see these unbelievably incredible animals if not for the little sanctuary at the Mirage. I might add, they looked like they loved it.