People drink alcohol because they like the taste, not to get buzzed or get drunk.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
mmmm tastes like burning and evaporation

Spiritus is delicious. One can sip it or chug it but it will make cells explode. I like to suck it with lots of air to make an alcohol vapor. 95% ethanol.

RandomWords

Jun 11, 2014
I know it happens, but for most nonsmokers, it is hard to imagine a smoker having the equivalent of a glass of wine with dinner, in their minds the goal is always to get wasted.

Not true. Some people smoke the equivalent of what one glass of wine would do - it isn't always the intent to be wasted when smoking marijuana.

as for drinking for taste - sometimes I drink for taste - sometimes I do shots for the sole purpose of getting slightly buzzed to drunk (depending on the occasion) fast and not sipping all day on some horrible concoction the bar made because lets face it - most of them make crap drinks... at least around here... if you find a good bartender make sure you chain them to the floor of your bar so they can never leave.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2007
Yeah if what he says was true, then nobody would ever drink shooters. Or drink to excess.

Or drink things like Natural Light (the sixth most popular beer in America because it tastes JUST THAT GOOD). And we all know how popular O'Douls and Kaliber are, because alcohol is absolutely irrelevant to people's beer choices, in much the same way that interest in caffeine has exactly nothing to do with decaf coffee representing a staggering 15% of the coffee market.

I assume that he's just projecting, and isn't aware that Bud Light outsells pinot noir by a factor so high that math literally (figuratively) doesn't have a number high enough to represent it.... But still, it is just about the stupidest thing you could possibly say when trying to compare alcohol and marijuana. Just the most utterly insane, stupid, nuclear-grade idiotic statement you could possibly make. You literally (literally) could not make a worse point. What a fucking imbecile.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
There are alcohols to which I at least somewhat enjoy the taste. But if they didn't get me buzzed I sure as shit wouldn't drink them.

Dude111

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2010
Oldgamer said:
People drink alcohol because they like the taste, not to get buzzed or get drunk.

I know and its sick!!!!

I THINK BEER,ETC TASTES LIKE CRAP!!!!!!!!