Pentagon tapes?

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
I'm surprised that the Pentagon had no outdoor security cameras with footage of the hijackers coming in. Did anyone else wonder about this?

RSI

Diamond Member
May 22, 2000

<< I'm surprised that the Pentagon had no outdoor security cameras with footage of the hijackers coming in. Did anyone else wonder about this? >>

How do you know they had no outdoor security cameras?

-RSI

LiQiCE

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
If you're saying that they should have known about the plane hitting the Pentagon, then you have to remember the plane was traveling at around 600 mph when it slammed into the Pentagon... Not much time to react there. If you're referring to something else, then I dunno :)

jpsj82

Oct 30, 2000
chances are the have tapes of it. but as someone pointed out the plane was moving fast and little would have been caught on a regular security camera. however if they have really high powered cameras they might have caught something. but footage like that will never reach the public, it would be deemed to gruesome to watch (even though you wouldn't see any people, just the plane) and plus none of the families would want it to be released.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
If you're saying that they should have known about the plane hitting the Pentagon, then you have to remember the plane was traveling at around 600 mph when it slammed into the Pentagon... Not much time to react there. If you're referring to something else, then I dunno

Actually it was pegged at 345 mph according to the data recorder.

Not much difference in this case though.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
They do, but what the camera is capable of seeing may be classified. Plus the tape would be virtually useless in helpingthe investigation.

calpha

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2001

<< If you're saying that they should have known about the plane hitting the Pentagon, then you have to remember the plane was traveling at around 600 mph when it slammed into the Pentagon... Not much time to react there. If you're referring to something else, then I dunno :) >>

I think they said that one of the WTC planes was traveling about 330+ nauts = 330 X 1.15 for mph

I don't think the pentagon plane was going faster than that.