Pentagon finds no link between Iraq and alCIAda

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
wait are you saying they lie to us. This can't be a surprise after watching that bbc documentary about how Al Qaida was a manufactured name. I can think up a short list pretty quick who should be tried for treason and hung.

noto12ious

Golden Member
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: JSt0rm01
wait are you saying they lie to us. This can't be a surprise after watching that bbc documentary about how Al Qaida was a manufactured name. I can think up a short list pretty quick who should be tried for treason and hung.

wow! i just put you on the terrorist watch list!

edit: dead silence from the pro war sheeple on this forum. owned!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Realistically, we all knew this, but it won't change many from disputing it or still saying it was the right thing to do.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Karl Rove never did need any facts to make policy. Just a mass of idiots and bullshit wrapped in red, white and blue.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
I was one of the few that argued before the war that it made no sense for Iraq to be allied with AQ. It seemed like 98% of Americans (including the entire Bush Administration) had no clue about Sadaam, Iraq, and the M.E., so it fell on deaf ears.

Sadaam was an absolute control-freak. He was the "decider", without question, and brooked no opposition. He ran a secular government which allowed him to operate without interference from any religious law, doctrine, or code. Since AQ called for Islamic theocracies, they represented the polar opposite of what Sadaam based his power on. AQ would have been a loose cannon in Iraq, possibly spreading and re-enforcing ideas that Sadaam had long sought to eradicate.

You really didn't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, just invest enough time to have even a meager understanding of how things really were.

What should have been obvious to the most casual observer, was lost in a sea of ignorance.

It is still something of a sore point with me today that the few of us that argued that there was no logic to an AQ/Sadaam connection could get virtually no one to actually stop and think it through. It seemed that most simply accepted the BS that Bush/Cheney put out and dismissed any idea of of it requiring any actual thought.

Oh well, my rant for the day.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
No suprise on the report or it's new found censoring. Not suprising at all.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It wasn't a sea of ignorance, jackschmittusa, it was a tidal wave of fearmongering and disinformation. The only "link" between Saddam and AQ was that created in the minds of the populace.

The most significant thing about 9/11 isn't the events themselves, but rather the callous and ruthless exploitation of them to serve other ends, the world domination agenda of the Neocons.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The Cheney Whitehouse giving us more to be proud of...again. :(

Forwarding this on...

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
now the military is officially saying that we were lied to about AlQ and Iraq.

well thats good news. Kind of important too.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
It is also not surprising to see none of the Bush apologists acknowledging this thread.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I don't see anything remarkable in the article, other than someone finally sifted through a gazillion Iraqi gov documents. That's an impressive amount of work.

So they found "no direct operation" link between Saddam & AQ? I thought that was well known and old news?

Fern

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Fern

So they found "no direct operation" link between Saddam & AQ? I thought that was well known and old news?

Fern

Apparantely you don't read some of the apologist's threads around here.

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
I'm not going to name any names, but I'm waiting for a couple of posters here who still believe there was a connection between Saddam and Al Qaeda to tell us about how this report is incorrect.

Since people can still get a copy of the report, it's kind of stupid to semi-censor it at this point. It's just going to make the press more curious about what's being covered up in a half-assed sort of way.