Pennsylvania Voter ID Law Sent Back to Lower Court for reconsideration

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Let the dead vote!

Let the illegals vote!

What is wrong with voting more than once. It just shows how "patriotic" that voter is.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Let the dead vote!

Let the illegals vote!

What is wrong with voting more than once. It just shows how "patriotic" that voter is.

The state conceded that they had no evidence of such during the hearing.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
a777pilot

Voter ID laws are to prevent "voter impersonation", a virtually non-existent type of fraud. And yet, you pretend to be too stupid to understand that. Keep it up, and I may decide that you are not pretending.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The state conceded that they had no evidence of such during the hearing.

a777pilot

Voter ID laws are to prevent "voter impersonation", a virtually non-existent type of fraud. And yet, you pretend to be too stupid to understand that. Keep it up, and I may decide that you are not pretending.

And how would you get evidence of illegal aliens voting without checking ID?

And why would the President spend so much time pandering to a group that cannot vote?

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
a777pilot

he's not pretending.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
... is it any surprise that this country is going to hell in a hand basket? We've lost all common sense.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
And how would you get evidence of illegal aliens voting without checking ID?

And why would the President spend so much time pandering to a group that cannot vote?

logic, Im illegal, yet im going to risk everything to go to a booth and vote in large enough numbers to be meaningful.

We cant even get a a large enough portion of actual citizens to vote but yeah those illegals, swaying elections and all.

Meanwhile there is factual evidence that voter suppression disenfranchises a huge population of actual amercian citizens, 5 million or so.

This shit isnt fooling anyone, its a staight up effort to remove from the voter pool american citizens that by in large vote democratic. This is an organized effort to suppress votes of americans, treasonous and the folks engaing in this should be tried for treason.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
logic, Im illegal, yet im going to risk everything to go to a booth and vote in large enough numbers to be meaningful.

So they will drive around in vans which declare their illegal status

They will wear t-shirts advertising their illegal status

But for some reason they draw the line at voting? Because since we have nothing to verify their citizenship there that is too dangerous? :confused:

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
a777pilot

Actually, yes,I understand that. I am also NOT a great advocate of these Voter ID Laws. They do not, repeat, NOT help solve the real problem of voter fraud and election fraud. That they do is draw attention to the real problem.

My solution to voter fraud would to have a one time edit of all voter registration rolls to remove the dead, the illegal and the just made up. Then I would require all that wish to vote to actually prove they are who they say they are and that they are legal to vote.

This, I understand will never, ever happen. The Democrats would fight it tooth and nail.

Then there is the problem of election fraud. You know, where things like more votes are counted than voters. To understand how this works please refer to how LBJ got to Washington, D.C.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Actually, yes,I understand that. I am also NOT a great advocate of these Voter ID Laws. They do not, repeat, NOT help solve the real problem of voter fraud and election fraud. That they do is draw attention to the real problem.

My solution to voter fraud would to have a one time edit of all voter registration rolls to remove the dead, the illegal and the just made up. hen I would require all that wish to vote to actually prove they are who they say they are and that they are legal to vote.

This, I understand will never, ever happen. he Democrats would fight it tooth and nail.

Then there is the problem of election fraud. You know, where things like more votes are counted than voters. To understand how this works please refer to how LBJ got to Washington, D.C.

Give it up, even the Republican Lawyers group that did a study pretty much found that 'voter fraud' is not a problem at all, it's just angry racist republcians being miffed that 'coloreds' and old folk are allowed to vote.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It's still not over by a long shot, they merely sent the case back to the lower court and instructed it to reevaluate the case based on the actual facts, rather than what (GOP) election officials assured would happen.

I was watching an interview with a Philadelphia woman who went through this procedure. She was fully informed and advised what she needed to do, which docs to bring, etc. before she started. Even without a hitch it still took her four hours at the DMV to get this citizen the paper that enabled her to vote. In Philadelphia there is an estimated 100,000 voters that lack this newly required documentation. So far something like 432 (or 342, I forget) actually have gotten the necessary card. If the DMV abandons all other work assigned to it, it was estimated that between now and the election they could process a maximum of 7,000 people in Philadelphia (out of the 100,000).

All this in the absolute absence of ANY evidence of voter fraud.

The new GOP slogan-if you can't persuade them, disenfrancise them.

lotus503

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2005
So they will drive around in vans which declare their illegal status

They will wear t-shirts advertising their illegal status

But for some reason they draw the line at voting? Because since we have nothing to verify their citizenship there that is too dangerous? :confused:

Most illegals are so worried about beign caught for being here they are not going to put themsevles at risk especially to vote which by and large even citizens fail at.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Fixed for you.

You fixed nothing.

My wish and hope is that every American citizen, elligible to vote and wants to vote should vote. Then all the votes and only those votes casted ought be counted.

Please tell me how this is unfair to anyone.