Peace Protesters Gone Wild *Updated*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
*Slaps forehead* I actually almost 100% agree with you Bamacre. Is it a full moon?

Nope. I don't think it is the first time either.

Edit: On second thought, we may not agree 100%. I don't know.

I think government of the people is great, it just won't work if people don't make it work. Where we may disagree is whether or not you think we should keep trying to make it work, or give up and just let government rule over the people, rather than government be of the people.

thujone

Golden Member
Jun 15, 2003
i fail to see the violence in any of those incidents.

these are at worst civil disobedience.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: dahunan
Remember how the Republicans treat peaceful protestors
I don't know about Republicans, but I hear you think we should shove artists in ovens when they exercise their first amendment rights.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I recall a lot of the protests against Vietnam weren't so peaceful, especially the one at Kent State.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: ntdz
and most of the ones we have killed were hostile to us.

Do you have any facts to back up that statement?

Sounds like a stat pulled out of ones ass tbh. It would be as hard to disprove as it would be to prove so I guess he is safe :)

catnap1972

Platinum Member
Aug 10, 2000
Originally posted by: umbrella39
Originally posted by: bamacre
Originally posted by: ntdz
and most of the ones we have killed were hostile to us.

Do you have any facts to back up that statement?

Sounds like a stat pulled out of ones ass tbh. It would be as hard to disprove as it would be to prove so I guess he is safe :)

Didn't you guys get the WH memo? They're not American so "who cares".

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I recall a lot of the protests against Vietnam weren't so peaceful, especially the one at Kent State.

"Tin soldiers and Nixon coming,"

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Topic Title: Peace Protesters Gone Wild *Now on Video*
Topic Summary: Violence committed by people who claim to want peace

Does violent action by peace protesters undermine their message?
Could it be that there isn't supposed to be a war in the first place because it is a false war?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: thraashman
Originally posted by: dahunan
Remember how the Republicans treat peaceful protestors
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=...3A2006-43%2CGGLG%3Aen&q=NY+RNC+pier+57

I'd never read about that before. I'm literally sickened by it. I actually cried a little when I realized that something like this happened in the US. Thank you for linking that. I think I'm gonna go throw up now.

Wow, I had heard about it but had never seen these websites before.

I'm sure the resident Republicans are proud of how well their brethren have destroyed America.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The most violent people who say they want peace are George W. Bush and his criminal gang of traitors and murderers.

Over 3,200 American troops dead.

Tens of thousands wounded, many scarred and disabled for life.

Hundreds of thousands of dead, wounded and displaced innocent civilians.

ALL FOR LIES!

rose.gif
:(
rose.gif

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Yet another example of the desperation fo the anti-war folks.

I can't wait to see how they react when Bush vetos the Democrats big plans for a pull out and then the Dems end up funding the war without any sort of withdrawal plan...
link
Four members of the anti-war group Code Pink were arrested outside the office of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) Thursday afternoon, following an announcement that they would seek to take over the office.
The group?s members had planned to hold a symbolic ?Pin the war on the Donkey? demonstration at Pelosi?s office to show their frustration with the Democratic leadership?s inaction on ending the war in Iraq.

However, Capitol Police prevented the taping of a drawn donkey to the wall.

Code Pink members were crying outside Pelosi?s office. When asked why, Rae Abileah, 24, said she was crying out of ?outrage that this is all we can get from the Democrats,? referring to the Iraq supplemental funding bill, scheduled for a vote Friday.

?We?re just heartbroken that Nancy Pelosi has decided to keep funding George Bush?s war, and now the war belongs to the Democrats as well as the Republicans,? said Code Pink co-founder Medea Benjamin. ?We thought we were going to get a change when they came into power.?