PC version of Final Fantasy XV has technology not possible on consoles

wahdangun

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2011
Tabata said that the PC version of Final Fantasy XV would be a technology showcase, as it's something truly beyond what the consoles are capable of. Tabata said that Final Fantasy XV would be a "different kind of project", and that the game would be a tech showcase on the PC. He said that it uses the latest technology, something that's not possible on the consoles as they have serious hardware limitations.

He added that if the team does build a PC version of the game, they will have to do a technology overhaul, and completely redo some of the R&D testing to see what new stuff they can "rebuild the game" with. The PC version isn't confirmed, but Tabata says he wants to work on a PC version of the game, once the console version is wrapped up.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/51543/pc-version-final-fantasy-xv-technology-possible-consoles/index.html?utm_source=ttnewsletter&utm_medium=ttemail&utm_campaign=ttcs

now, i can't decide will i buy PS4 version or PC version, since PC version will come 1 year later, and i have waiting this games for years.

sweenish

Diamond Member
May 21, 2013
"if"

This doesn't exist until they announce it. Since I don't own a current-gen console, I do hope it will exist. I still like me some FF, assuming they get back to what made them great.

TechBoyJK

Lifer
Oct 17, 2002
Holy shirt what a big IF.

The quote starts out like this is something that's going to happen, and ends with IF.

What a waste.

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
No better advertising then getting a good old fashioned pissing match between PC and Console. Have they made a really good FF game in the last 10 years? Been some OK one's , but nothing special for a long while (opinion only). They really started losing it when volley balls became weapons and instead of one whiny brat hero they started adding two, if one "so annoying you wanted them to die" character wasn't enough, add another.

Blitzvogel

Platinum Member
Oct 17, 2010
Good to hear it's a possibility for PC, but would likely get it on PS4 because the wife would rather play it there.

wahdangun

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2011
pretty sure rockstar said the same thing about GTA V. It'll come.

but actually rocstar did put an amazing PC games that run great on NVDIA or AMD with great graphic, considering how huge and open world that games