Pc turn on by it self

Sahiljtu

Apr 2, 2019
When I shut down my pc after working, it turns on by itself automatically, wat will be the problem, win 10 64 bit, i7 8400k, 370 mb

Reactions: billw

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
Are you shutting it down or putting it to sleep/hibernate? What external connections are on the computer (HDMI, USB Devices, etc)?

Sahiljtu

Apr 2, 2019
Are you shutting it down or putting it to sleep/hibernate? What external connections are on the computer (HDMI, USB Devices, etc)?
I shut it down, led monitor is connected with dp port, keyboard mouse speakers are connected

who?

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2012
Does it happen right away like a restart or does it wait awhile?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Disconnect the keyboard and mouse then see if it still does it, and/or look around in the bios for a setting for those to power it on.

Otherwise I'd wonder if your case power switch is faulty, would unplug it and see if that keeps it from coming on.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Id check for shorts, i had this happen to me once when the power switch wiring had worn through the insulation on a sharp piece of the interior of my case and was intermittently shorting together, turning the PC on and off at random. Took me months to track that down, i tried new mobo's, CPU, PSU all for nothing, 5 cents in electrical tape fixed the issue.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Using a VESA-compliant DisplayPort cable? Some cheaper / stock cables, pass voltage on a particular pin, that can trigger strangeness, and yes, startups.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Id check for shorts, i had this happen to me once when the power switch wiring had worn through the insulation on a sharp piece of the interior of my case and was intermittently shorting together, turning the PC on and off at random. Took me months to track that down, i tried new mobo's, CPU, PSU all for nothing, 5 cents in electrical tape fixed the issue.

Paperdoc

Platinum Member
Aug 17, 2006
Heres' anothe item to check for in BIOS Setup, probably in the power control configuration settings. On most mobos there are several options for automatically re-starting a macine that is "shut down". These watch for incoming signals on particluar devices and initiate a start up when there is new acivity. Often these are labelled by phrases like "Wake on ....". They may include Keyboard, Mouse, FAX, Modem, LAN. That last one will respond to any activity on the LAN port (or maybe a WiFi system?), and you probably do have a network connection somewhere. For any that you do NOT want to cause a start-up, disable those, then remember to Save and Exit.