PC suddenly started boot looping

ioni

Aug 3, 2009
My PC, that's been working fine for months, suddenly started boot looping this morning. I've tried a ton of troubleshooting, but it still just boot loops. My specs are a 6700k, 32GB RAM, 3080, 750W PSU, z170mx gaming 5 mobo. I've tried reseating the GPU, reseating the RAM, using just 1 stick of RAM, tried all 4 sticks 1 at a time, replaced cmos battery, tried booting with no GPU, tried with a different GPU, and I tested that my PSU passes the paper clip test. All of these get the same result. The PC powers on for about a second, then turns off, then a few seconds later repeats the process. The PSU is new, ~4 months old.

The only thing I've done differently lately is put my PC to sleep last night instead of shutting it down, since I wanted to save my tabs that were open. I did restart it once yesterday with no issues. Surely sleep couldn't have caused this? Not sure what else I can try to fix this.

ioni

Aug 3, 2009
Finally tracked down the problem. Surprisingly, it was my USB 3.0 add in PCI board. Strange that it just randomly broke to a degree that it prevented my PC from booting.