PC stutters, how to find where it comes from?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

akmaggot666

Apr 14, 2013
win 10 is sooo cool, I did my tests and finaly after days I run BF4 and boom, 20fps, I restart pc, 20 fps again, then I realize I suddenly have 378 driver installed instead of 368 and everything is installed instead of only display/physix, then I check windows updates, ENABLED, for some reason, even I had it disabled for a longer time, then in some options there was red text: Updates have been resumed so we are checking for updates to keep your machine current with the latest security and quality updates before you can pause updates again.
I disabled them in group policy, services and every way possible and they still turned on somehow and fked my whole system, I reinstall the drivers and everything was fine after that.

sm625

Diamond Member
May 6, 2011
Yep windows will re-enable the update service if you disable it. It's basically a malware. I have yet to find a solution other than to run a scheduled task that disables the service every few minutes.

Madpacket

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2005
If you tried any of these just ignore. I don't have time to really go through all your steps sorry.

Few things you could try;

My gut says it's driver related, possibly something chipset related. From what you've described it sounds like an interrupt issue hogging your CPU. Update the chipset drivers first. If you're using a USB WiFi adapter try disabling it in device manager, sometimes these cause stutter issues. If you have a USB hub or a keyboard with a hub try unplugging any devices from it. Minimize all unnecessary peripherals while troubleshooting.

Check Event Viewer for anything weird going on. Look for yellow and red coloured errors and if any identified, investigate them.

Try downloading Linux Mint to a USB drive and run from the live drive. If you notice the same issue in Linux it's probably a hardware related problem.

akmaggot666

Apr 14, 2013
If you tried any of these just ignore. I don't have time to really go through all your steps sorry.

Few things you could try;

My gut says it's driver related, possibly something chipset related. From what you've described it sounds like an interrupt issue hogging your CPU. Update the chipset drivers first. If you're using a USB WiFi adapter try disabling it in device manager, sometimes these cause stutter issues. If you have a USB hub or a keyboard with a hub try unplugging any devices from it. Minimize all unnecessary peripherals while troubleshooting.

Check Event Viewer for anything weird going on. Look for yellow and red coloured errors and if any identified, investigate them.

Try downloading Linux Mint to a USB drive and run from the live drive. If you notice the same issue in Linux it's probably a hardware related problem.
most tried, nothing helped

akmaggot666

Apr 14, 2013
Have you tried the Linux boot disc to rule out Windows driver issues?
problem is that it doesnt occur always, yesterday it happened and now I was playing for few hours and no stutters, maybe a few here and there, I gave up on this already, I bought whole new pc and these parts go to my bro

Madpacket

Platinum Member
Nov 15, 2005
problem is that it doesnt occur always, yesterday it happened and now I was playing for few hours and no stutters, maybe a few here and there, I gave up on this already, I bought whole new pc and these parts go to my bro

OK good luck with your new parts!

Reactions: akmaggot666