PC Specifications for BioShock Infinite Announced

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
http://irrationalgames.com/insider/pc-specifications-for-bioshock-infinite-announced/?

Looks like PC gamers are getting a decent treatment this time around.

MINIMUM

Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO 2.4 GHz / AMD Athlon X2 2.7 GHz
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB free
Video Card: DirectX10 Compatible ATI Radeon HD 3870 / NVIDIA 8800 GT / Intel HD 3000 Integrated Graphics
Video Card Memory: 512 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

RECOMMENDED

Processor: Quad Core Processor
Memory: 4 GB
Hard Drive: 30 GB free
Video Card: DirectX11 Compatible, AMD Radeon HD 6950 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560
Video Card Memory: 1024 MB
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I was going to come here and post something about how as long as your pc is the equivalent of an Xbox 360 you should be good. In searching, they claim they have a separate team working on the PC version...however they never really say if it's a port or not. They just talk about "features pc gamers expect".

I didn't know control schemes and mouse support were features now. Damn needy PC gamers.

Anyway on the plus side. It's a Steam game. No GFWL.

Also will support DX10/11

Dumac

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
I didn't care that much for Bioshock. It was good, but not worth the sticker price and not as revolutionary as people made it out to be.

I'm cautiously watching this one. Since it is on steam, I'll probably pick it up for $10 down the road.

Keeper

Mar 9, 2005
I have not tracke min requirements for awile now.
Basically because of the niche I have fallen into.

Right now, case in point. Walking Dead is sucking up my life.
So running with 85 AA and getting 86 FPS is not a prority of late.
Plus, I have taken a trip to the dark side. My XBOX is getting a LOT of attenntion.
But, back to my question.

Is this one of the first games NOT to run on XP?

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
I haven't tracked min requirements and even recommend ones in awhile because it has become stagnant due to console ports in general. That and I know my PC will/should be able to run whatever still.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Hm I don't normally see storage requirements differ between the minimum and recommended settings. Especially since I don't recall Steam allowing for install differences. Unless there's something like an unpack feature where they unpackage compressed files to make loading them faster? I guess we'll find out in March!

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
Hm I don't normally see storage requirements differ between the minimum and recommended settings. Especially since I don't recall Steam allowing for install differences. Unless there's something like an unpack feature where they unpackage compressed files to make loading them faster? I guess we'll find out in March!

They might have an optional HD pack for the textures and/or uncompressed audio that Steam would list as free DLC on the games store page (like was done with Sleeping Dogs and Skyrim)

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005

Read the link bitch.

Finally, to show off all of that glorious PC pixel-pushing power, we’re shipping with unadulterated, full-resolution textures right in the box. You may not enjoy the three-DVD install, but we hope you will appreciate the jaw-dropping detail our amazing team of artists lavished on the game.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
I own over a TB of SSDs and back up games and remove Steam that I haven't played in a while. Bring it on. Moar resolutions, moar GB!

TidusZ

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2007
I didn't care that much for Bioshock. It was good, but not worth the sticker price and not as revolutionary as people made it out to be.

I'm cautiously watching this one. Since it is on steam, I'll probably pick it up for $10 down the road.

I feel the same way.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005

I never heard anyone saying Bioshock was revolutionary, it was a pretty standard FPS, the gunplay was nothing special. What made it great was the story and atmosphere.

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
30gb? As long as most if not all of it can be installed via DVD if needed.

There have been a few STEAM enabled games which download the entire game [again] even though you install from the physical media.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
I never heard anyone saying Bioshock was revolutionary, it was a pretty standard FPS, the gunplay was nothing special. What made it great was the story and atmosphere.

This. Never heard anyone try to claim it was revolutionary, but the story and atmosphere totally sucked me in.

KT

mmntech

Lifer
Sep 20, 2007

I do remember a lot of mainstream reviewers saying things along those lines. Didn't G4 rank it as #3 best video game of all time?

The PC version was pretty awful when it first came out. Was very buggy, had issues with widescreen, and draconian DRM. Bioshock actually soured me off PC gaming so much I abandoned it for nearly three years. There were a lot of games like this at the time unfortunately.

I did eventually play it on PS3. I agree it's a pretty standard shooter. Gameplay similar to Jedi Knight, and it relied on a lot of Doom 3 style fun house scares. Story was interesting though.

blackened23

Diamond Member
Jul 26, 2011
I was going to come here and post something about how as long as your pc is the equivalent of an Xbox 360 you should be good. In searching, they claim they have a separate team working on the PC version...however they never really say if it's a port or not. They just talk about "features pc gamers expect".

I didn't know control schemes and mouse support were features now. Damn needy PC gamers.

Anyway on the plus side. It's a Steam game. No GFWL.

Also will support DX10/11

From what i've read, it will have adjustable FOV, will be using the Unreal 3 engine, will not use secuROM and will be using steamworks.

I love the fact that it isn't using GFWL, unlike Bioshock 2. I have a pretty irrational hatred of GFWL, i've had so so many problems with GFWL games. The fact that the dev team is actively listening to PC gamers this time around is pretty encouraging - they switched to steamworks and added adjustable FOV due to feedback from PC gamers.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
I enjoyed it a lot and even read the Rapture book, but I agree it didn't blow me away like OMG, but it was very solid.

I am thinking this will be on two discs for the 360.

I am looking forward BIG TIME to this game. I really love FPS games that are a bit more than pure shoot em' up with crap or shallow stories (e.g. Halo 4).

fixbsod

Jan 25, 2012
Bioshock 1 is one of my all time faves!! Hard not to look at it with rose tinted glasses when it was one of the first games I played since coming back to games (albeit with a PS3) in like 3-4 yrs (old system only upgraded recently). So for me the gunplay was awesome, and the story/atmosphere just epic. Doesn't play so well now, but it is like going on 6 years old and a bitch to setup on the PC as it doesn't play nice with my soundcard.