PC Gaming looks awesome!

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
Man, so many good games are coming out for PCs this year, Fallout 3, Spore, FarCry 2, Crysis Warhead, Dawn of War II, Red Alert 3, Mirror's Edge, Burnout Paradise, Dead Space, Left 4 Dead, Dragon Age, Mercenaries 2, Rise of The Argonauts, STALKER Clear Sky, Tiberium, Project Origin (the real FEAR 2), Call of Duty 5, Prince of Persia, Space Siege, and who knows what else.

The games on bold are my most expected ones.

Sure some of those are multiplatform but at least on the shooter and RTS side, PC is getting the better version ;) but many others like Dragon Age and Spore (I think) are exclusive and pretty big.

Not to mention recently released games such as Mass Effect, GRID and Devil May Cry 4 (yeah available on consoles but still pretty good games) and of course the upcoming Blizzard games such as Starcraft II and Diablo III (probably 2009-2010 and 2010-2011 games respectively but damn, those games are going to be incredible) and others such as The Sims 3, Rage and Doom 4 (though they probably won't be as good since they seem like they're going to suffer from console-itis), Half-Life 2 Episode Three, Sacred 2, Alan Wake, the inevitable Bioshock 2 and like I said above who knows what else might get announced or released.

Yeah, there will be so much to play this year and so much to look forward to next year, I'm glad to be a PC gamer and honestly not too bummed out about not owning a console (I do want a Wii for the usual Nintendo franchise games and a PS3 for GTAIV and MGS4 but still).

:)

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
Yeah, I believe that since approximately 2004 games being developed and/or ported to the PC platform just made PC gaming much better than it was only a few years before that (with only a very few exceptions here and there, mostly old titles). But I'm speaking for me, not the mass, some will disagree of course, but I'm not saying that PC gaming was boring before 2004, that's not what I'm saying, but simply that since that year or so it just gets better and better.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
waiting for Dragon Age, Space Siege, Fallout 3. the rest are meh...maybe im getting too old for FPSs. i like games where i actually have to use my brain ;)

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
In the year 2008, there is nothing but one game!

Dawn of War 2!!! DoW was a fantastic game and even better at 1920x1080 with full AA and AF. That is the only game I am looking forward to. EA tore apart the Tiberium timeline in C&C so I dont think RA3 will be anything special.

Lonyo

Lifer
Aug 10, 2002
It's nice that some multiplatform games have managed to not be complete crapfests.
I mean compare Oblivion, UT3 and Deus Ex 2 to Bioshock and CoD4. A huge difference. It does seem like there are at least some developers who are capable of building multiplatform games without screwing up the PC version just to have console appeal. Hopefully it will continue with things like GTA4 etc.
CoD4 and Bioshock managed to be 2 of the best games of last year on PC as well as consoles.

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Right but none of those titles are coming out anytime soon and some we may not even see until the year after.

PC gaming is dead until Christmas.

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
Originally posted by: ayabe
Right but none of those titles are coming out anytime soon and some we may not even see until the year after.

PC gaming is dead until Christmas.

All the games listed on my first paragraph ARE coming out this year, some even as early as September (Dawn of War II, Spore), I think only Dragon Age and the titles I listed below are 2009 games (HL2 EP3, Sacred 2, Alan Wake, etc).

zagood

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Borealis7
maybe im getting too old for FPSs. i like games where i actually have to use my brain ;)

that's my system bottleneck.

-z

hooflung

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2004
I have been waiting for Dead Space but I am buying that on my PS3. GRID I am buying on the PS3. Call of Duty 5 I am buying on the PS3 ( I have CoD4 on the PS3 ) and Fallout 3 I am buying on the PS3.

Left for Dead is the only one on your list I am buying on the PC. If it had a PS3 version I'd buy that instead. But its only 360 and PC iirc.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, Empire:Total War, Colonization, Spore, these are what I am waiting for.

videogames101

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2005
Originally posted by: hooflung
I have been waiting for Dead Space but I am buying that on my PS3. GRID I am buying on the PS3. Call of Duty 5 I am buying on the PS3 ( I have CoD4 on the PS3 ) and Fallout 3 I am buying on the PS3.

Left for Dead is the only one on your list I am buying on the PC. If it had a PS3 version I'd buy that instead. But its only 360 and PC iirc.

Oh god, I can't wait for Left for Dead!

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Left For Dead looks like it might be really cool I hope they release a demo it's one of the game I'm most interested in seeing.

450R

Feb 22, 2005
Originally posted by: Piuc2020
All the games listed on my first paragraph ARE coming out this year, some even as early as September (Dawn of War II, Spore), I think only Dragon Age and the titles I listed below are 2009 games (HL2 EP3, Sacred 2, Alan Wake, etc).

DoW2 is slated for Q1 '09.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Of the games you listed, the following even have a CHANCE of being good: Dawn of War II

Piuc2020

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2005
Originally posted by: hooflung

Why would you buy it for PS3, shooters play much more accurately on PCs and Fallout 3 will probably have a modding community as extensive as Oblivion's but I guess it's just a matter of preference.

Originally posted by: Maleficus
Of the games you listed, the following even have a CHANCE of being good: Dawn of War II

Yeah, sure that's your opinion, go bitter while I enjoy those magnificent (in my opinion) games ;)