PC Game Controllers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MTDEW

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 1999
Originally posted by: TBSN
I bought the XBox controller... it's great. And so is Grid.

Thanks for the help!

Also, are there any other PC racing games worth checking out?

Pure just got released on the pc, its a great game also.(for gamepad racing)

Most others i play on pc are sims where a wheel is a must if ya wanna do well. (ie: Papyrus Nascar, GTR etc...etc...)

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
Originally posted by: SolMiester
How anyone can feel that they are in a race car with a gamepad is beyond me. If you want to get immersed in a racing game, get a wheel, it doesnt have to be the G25, I have the momo and it held out well over the 4 yrs i have had it......

It might be more immersive with a wheel, but wheels take up lots of space. My desk area isn't conducive to using a wheel, either. Neither the pedals nor my chair stay in place. Also, I can't drive worth a damn in a game even though I can drive my truck in real life pretty much at the limits of it's handling. For that reason alone, a gamepad is way way more fun.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I really like TrackMania Nations (the free version). It's probably the most fun free game I've ever played, and it works great with my Xbox 360 controller.