somebody pls help me address any issues with this build

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 18-33-25 Amazon.com Shopping Cart.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-06 at 18-33-25 Amazon.com Shopping Cart.png
    489.2 KB · Views: 19

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
Put it into pcpartpicker.com and it will show if there are any issues. If there are then post the link to PCP.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Definitely skip the Apevia power supply. Those are bottom of the barrel quality...spend a bit more and get a Corsair, SeaSonic, or Superflower. Even EVGA or Thermaltake are far superior to Apevia.(formerly known as Aspire...or referred to as"Perspire" because people always sweated that they might blow...and take out expensive components when they did.)

Dec 10, 2005
I believe this is your build in PCPartPicker, if I pulled everything in correctly - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bndBJy - prices may be a little different based on its scraper. It doesn't look like it would have any issues.

However, there are some ways you could probably save some money and improve the build overall. Here are my suggested changes, under the presumption you're going to play some games at 1920x1080 and not be overclocking:
  • Unless you're going to use RT, consider swapping the GPU to a 7700 XT. https://www.tomshardware.com/review...20.1316374781.1674610742-651373043.1674610742 can give you an idea for relative performance (there are probably better benchmarks and graphs to use, but this is a nice quick reference chart)
  • Change the Apevia PSU to something better. Power is the heart of the system, and you want something reliable
  • For your primary SSD, find an NVME with DRAM cache
  • Consider dropping the processor a little
  • Switch to a B650 board

This is what I came up with after making the above changes: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gxx7HG

Also don't forget an OS. If you're going to go with Windows 11, I recommend just getting a retail copy. The price difference vs OEM is negligible, and it's far less hassle to reactivate if you have to swap a board or something later.

Also, for RAM, DDR5 isn't as finicky anymore, but people still have some issues at time. Consider crosschecking any RAM you're considering with either the motherboard's QVL or the RAM manufacturer's QVL. The g.skill RAM in the second PCPartPicker link was on G.Skill's QVL for the MSI B650 board.

yousef10583

Mar 6, 2024
I believe this is your build in PCPartPicker, if I pulled everything in correctly - https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bndBJy - prices may be a little different based on its scraper. It doesn't look like it would have any issues.

However, there are some ways you could probably save some money and improve the build overall. Here are my suggested changes, under the presumption you're going to play some games at 1920x1080 and not be overclocking:
  • Unless you're going to use RT, consider swapping the GPU to a 7700 XT. https://www.tomshardware.com/review...20.1316374781.1674610742-651373043.1674610742 can give you an idea for relative performance (there are probably better benchmarks and graphs to use, but this is a nice quick reference chart)
  • Change the Apevia PSU to something better. Power is the heart of the system, and you want something reliable
  • For your primary SSD, find an NVME with DRAM cache
  • Consider dropping the processor a little
  • Switch to a B650 board

This is what I came up with after making the above changes: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Gxx7HG

Also don't forget an OS. If you're going to go with Windows 11, I recommend just getting a retail copy. The price difference vs OEM is negligible, and it's far less hassle to reactivate if you have to swap a board or something later.

Also, for RAM, DDR5 isn't as finicky anymore, but people still have some issues at time. Consider crosschecking any RAM you're considering with either the motherboard's QVL or the RAM manufacturer's QVL. The g.skill RAM in the second PCPartPicker link was on G.Skill's QVL for the MSI B650 board.
tysm for these tips however i fell like im missing something like a cpu fan or smth got any tips

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
tysm for these tips however i fell like im missing something like a cpu fan or smth got any tips
Fans are probably needed.

Looks like you could do 4*140 + 120 in the back and the case comes with a couple of fans typically. I personally like to use the Arctic PWM PST fans because I can chain them together onto single headers for better cabling / control.

5-packs are cheaper than other options and it's always good to keep a spare anyway. If they do break though Arctic is good about sending replacements within a week free of cost when you contact them.

Dec 10, 2005
The one I put in the list covers the CPU heatsink issues. But as TechJunky stated, you'll probably want some supplemental case fans.

I have the same 4000D case. I have 3x 120mm PWM fans in the front (just 3 simple BeQuiet ones from Micro Center), and the 2 stock 3-pin 120 mm in the rear and top-back. All are controlled through the motherboard, and all running pretty slow to keep noise at idle down.

yousef10583

Mar 6, 2024
The one I put in the list covers the CPU heatsink issues. But as TechJunky stated, you'll probably want some supplemental case fans.

I have the same 4000D case. I have 3x 120mm PWM fans in the front (just 3 simple BeQuiet ones from Micro Center), and the 2 stock 3-pin 120 mm in the rear and top-back. All are controlled through the motherboard, and all running pretty slow to keep noise at idle down.
thanks for all the info after upgrading the build heres what i settled on although im still not sure whether i will need external fans or the case comes with some

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 14-11-20 Amazon.com Shopping Cart.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 14-11-20 Amazon.com Shopping Cart.png
    551.3 KB · Views: 8

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
thanks for all the info after upgrading the build heres what i settled on although im still not sure whether i will need external fans or the case comes with some
The 4000D comes with 2 fans, 1 installed in the front, and 1 installed the rear. You will want some additional fans. Alternatively you could look for a different case that comes with more fans. The Lian Li 216 is a case I point people to often. It comes with 2 large, 160mm fans in front and 1 140mm fan in the rear. It moves a lot of air and for most systems will not require any additional fans. It also has one extra USB Type A port on the front over the Corsair, and it is about $95-$105 depending on if you choose RGB or not. That being said, the Corsair cases are good cases, but it will need some more fans. I would add 3 fans like Brain mentioned previously.

Reactions: Brainonska511