Question PC build not working properly

Nitorus

Oct 27, 2022
Hello,
I’d like to ask about my PC problem. I bought a new GPU RTX2070s. CPU that I use is AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and 16GB of RAM Memory 3200mhz (locked on 2966 cuz my MB doesn’t allow me to use full speed). My fps in csgo didn’t really change (150-250) even tho one guy who has almost the same hardware as me has 400fps. While playing BF5 on low settings I am having problems with low fps that I didn’t use to have before the new GPU, but atm it’s sometimes really hard to even play the game. I’ve tried to set up some things to boost my PC, but it didn’t work out for me. While playing BF5 my cpu runs at 95%~ and the same goes for the gpu (max GPU temperature I’ve seen was about 60-65 degrees C). I would really appreciate any kind of help or tips. Thanks a lot.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
What resolution do you play at? CSGO is typically a very easy title to get decent fps. BF5 is a bit tougher. What GPU did you have before the 2070?

DAPUNISHER

Super Moderator CPU Forum Mod and Elite Member
Super Moderator
Aug 22, 2001
You haven't provided enough info.

Have you used DDU to remove previous drivers and start fresh? Have you checked it with GPU-Z? This is a used card? When is the last time the CPU was repasted? Pre-built system or DIY? What power supply are you using?

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
Hello,
I’d like to ask about my PC problem. I bought a new GPU RTX2070s. CPU that I use is AMD Ryzen 5 2600 and 16GB of RAM Memory 3200mhz (locked on 2966 cuz my MB doesn’t allow me to use full speed). My fps in csgo didn’t really change (150-250) even tho one guy who has almost the same hardware as me has 400fps. While playing BF5 on low settings I am having problems with low fps that I didn’t use to have before the new GPU, but atm it’s sometimes really hard to even play the game. I’ve tried to set up some things to boost my PC, but it didn’t work out for me. While playing BF5 my cpu runs at 95%~ and the same goes for the gpu (max GPU temperature I’ve seen was about 60-65 degrees C). I would really appreciate any kind of help or tips. Thanks a lot.

Can you be specific about what "low fps" means in your opinion? You started by complaining about 150-250fps.

Was it BF5 that spurred you to change graphics cards? If so, what were the frame rates you were getting?

Nitorus

Oct 27, 2022
The RTX2070 isn't new, and hasn't been for some time. Is there a reason why you didn't get a 3000 series card?
You haven't provided enough info.

Have you used DDU to remove previous drivers and start fresh? Have you checked it with GPU-Z? This is a used card? When is the last time the CPU was repasted? Pre-built system or DIY? What power supply are you using?
The RTX2070 isn't new, and hasn't been for some time. Is there a reason why you didn't get a 3000 series card?
I am still a student and I don't really have too much money.

Nitorus

Oct 27, 2022
Can you be specific about what "low fps" means in your opinion? You started by complaining about 150-250fps.

Was it BF5 that spurred you to change graphics cards? If so, what were the frame rates you were getting?
I used gtx750Ti, so I changed GPU so I could play all the new games. I had about 60-70fps in BF5 and now I am having problem to get to these fps. And I am complaining about 150fps in CSGO cuz I want to buy new monitor, so I´d like to have atleast stable 300fps.