Paypal Promotion: 20% off at select vendors (Newegg, Toys R Us, eToys, Ritz, etc.)

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

johnnyjohnson

Sep 17, 2007
It would be interesting to hear the real truth behind this deal, but I don't think we ever will. I've heard Overstock.com had a 17,000 customer limit. Did Newegg know how much their limit was beforehand? Most retailers were supposed to honor the promotion until December 10th, but Newegg initially said it was only going to be for 2 days. That tells me they had an inkling of the potential demand. If you offer 20% off to customers for ANY item, they will flock to your store and buy anything and everything - because just about anything you can buy for 20% off is a good deal. Who wouldn't have realized that Newegg would be flooded with orders?

nomadh

Jan 19, 2004
I bought the ram at 3:pm mon. Then I started hearing about the probs. I called newegg they said I should be ok with my ppal rebate even though there was talk of it ending at noonish. I knew the deal could end early. I expected it even. Thats why I made sure I followed the 20% off links all the way through the order. As of wed I still have no confirmation that I qualified for the 20% off.
The issue is if I click down a path for 20 % off I expect to get it. Later that day I went down the path for the 500 gig sata. It still showed the 20% off links but I was afraid to bite so I bailed out of that one.
Bottom line is I clicked on 20% off and I will be getting it. By hook or by crook. My next prob will now be who to go after when they try to screw me.

mrpickem

Feb 21, 2006
Got my 20% back today from dell purchase of a 3850 vid card. Paypal came through this time...quicker than expected!