PayPal Cuts Off Service To Wikileaks

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010
I'm so glad most people are in agreement in here. Leaking classified material = dangerous and retarded! nuff said.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
He does not give a shit about what's best for Americans.

He gives a shit about what's good for the rest of us that have to co-habitate on this spinning globe.

You know, the rest of us that are affected by your guys actions. This is a diplomatic embarrassment for the states which I am really glad has happened.

On the contrary you ignorant person you ... Assange has defended his actions SPECIFICALLY by stating that AMericans should know what their Government is doing.

He is talking/acting like he is God, plain and simple.

Where the F*^# are you from and what the h$&^ are you doing here if you hate us so much fool?

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
On the contrary you ignorant person you ... Assange has defended his actions SPECIFICALLY by stating that AMericans should know what their Government is doing.

He is talking/acting like he is God, plain and simple.

Where the F*^# are you from and what the h$&^ are you doing here if you hate us so much fool?

God? That's pretty good considering our history in interfering with sovereign nations, and wasting our money building countries the inhabitants don't want ;^)

Nov 28, 2010
This is great news. Assange thinks he is God and that he knows what is good for us (Americans).

LOL and your corrupted, lying government does know what's good for you right? You deserve Bush, Clinton and the whole lot of 'em, congratulations.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
There's a lot of this going on in the thread

get-a-brain-morans-go-usa.jpg

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
LOL and your corrupted, lying government does know what's good for you right? You deserve Bush, Clinton and the whole lot of 'em, congratulations.

We elected that lying, corrupted government. As much as you might hate the USA ... the people elect the government ... so you really are an American hater?

Beev

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2006
I love wikileaks because it makes the United States look bad, which we deserve.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol yeah as if paypal is now cutting him off because it might put lives at risk.

you guys can't really believe that?

Jimmah

Golden Member
Mar 18, 2005
And you thank us everyday for protecting you and your one tank.

Ahh yes, the old 'shut up Canada, we protect you'. Question is, protect from what exactly? I don't read about other countries wanting to bomb the great evil that is Canada, or how Canada is the worst country in the world. Seems by being neighbors we are put into harms way, just be being next door. Personally, we don't need your 'protection', our military is more than competant to take care of protection.

Back to being on topic:

Everyone calling for Assange's death should really think before posting. What has he done really? He posted leaked documents, great, not like he did the leaking just the posting. Oh, he hurt your feelings? You don't feel 'safe' anymore? Or you don't like your dirty laundry being shown to the world?

Don't do stupid shit, or don't get caught. Your pathetic government can't even get that part right.

Sp12

Jun 12, 2010
I'm sure Paypal did this without any government pressure.

I'm surprised at the number of people that 'disappear' in a democracy like the US, and am expecting Assange to get in a 'car crash' shortly.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006
I'm an American and I'm glad he leaked the documents. The United States government is corrupt and too powerful and needs to be held accountable for its actions.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
...Personally, we don't need your 'protection', our military is more than competant to take care of protection....
Personally, I have trained your military in the US. I have trained with them in Germany. You need our help.

olds

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2000
I'm an American and I'm glad he leaked the documents. The United States government is corrupt and too powerful and needs to be held accountable for its actions.
Give us some examples of how the leaked documents accomplish it.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I personally found the notes from Arab states very interesting. You really get a sense of how deep the hate runs for Shi'a and non-arabs.

One example he Saudi kings tells off Iranian ambassador helping Palestinians.

Telling him look you're not Arab and your barley Muslim GTFO it's our business. Various leaders calling them snakes and dogs and can't be trusted.
They also say America is a friend.

Overall great stuff.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001

Hahahaha, this is some funny stuff.

Canadians “always carry a chip on their shoulder” in part because of a feeling that their country “is condemned to always play ‘Robin’ to the U.S. ‘Batman.’ ”
US diplomats really seem to like the Batman/Robin references.

In July 2008, Canada’s intelligence service director, James Judd, discussed a video showing a crying Omar Khadr, then a teenager and a Canadian detainee at the prison at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba. Mr. Judd “observed that the images would no doubt trigger ‘knee-jerk anti-Americanism’ and ‘paroxysms of moral outrage, a Canadian specialty.’ ”
Not only do American diplomats have low opinions of Canada, but Canadian officials mock their own citizens!

“soul-searching” about its “decline from ‘middle power’ status to that of an ‘active observer’ of global affairs, a trend which some Canadians believe should be reversed.”
The embassy also said Mr. Obama’s decision to make Ottawa his first foreign trip as president would “do much to diminish — temporarily, at least — Canada’s habitual inferiority complex vis-à-vis the U.S. and its chronic but accurate complaint that the U.S. pays far less attention to Canada than Canada does to us.”
I like how Obama was sent to Canada to massage the "habitual inferiority complex." The fragile psychological state of the Canadian populace has to be carefully managed.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Why? So that America's dirty secrets can stay buried? Maybe this might be some big deal for you guys down there in terms of being a breach of security.. but for the rest of us it's a bigger revelation in terms of just how crooked the United States is, not that we didn't know before.

So I've got mixed feelings about all of this.
Have you read the leaks? There's nothing terribly surprising in them. It's mostly stuff about controlling proliferation, figuring out who is dangerous, etc. It's more embarrassing for other nations to see the things that some of their leaders say and participate in.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005

Martin

Lifer
Jan 15, 2000
Funny to see so-called libertarians and small government types stick with their government the moment someone decides to do something other than vent on an internet forum. You guys are such a bunch of predictable hacks.

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Assange and wikileaks are symptoms, not the root of the problem. The people giving them the classified information from inside our government are the real enemies of the state.

In the case of knowingly leaking classified information, they should be placed before a military tribunal for charges of treason.

However, I will say if the guy did rape that woman, then he deserves jail. But, I would not be surprised if the charges are false.

It is very lame for Paypal and Amazon the be aiding in the censorship of Wikileaks or any other website, unless that website hosts something like child-rape or snuff films. Although, I can understand their disgust.

JS80

Lifer
Oct 24, 2005
Funny to see so-called libertarians and small government types stick with their government the moment someone decides to do something other than vent on an internet forum. You guys are such a bunch of predictable hacks.

libertarian =/= anarchy

but you are a predictable idiot