PayPal Alternatives

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
I thought I'd try to see if there where any good PayPal alternatives. Actually a few years back I had a look, but not since then, and I didn't notice any good choices.

Personally I've used PayPal for years with no problems, but I'm going to expand a online business, so I can handle more money online, and at this point in time I don't want to bother with a credit card merchant account.

One company I found that looks interesting is Bidpay:

http://www.bidpay.com/

Has anyone used them, or can make a better recommendation?

Simply put, is there, what is considered out there a company known as the BEST alternative to go with?

ALOHA

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: randalee
Cash in person. :)

No I'm doing sales online, and I'm not big enough that I to want to deal with a merchant account, and I sale stuff on Ebay also, so I want a possible alternative over PayPal.

ALOHA

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: intogamer
Googlecheckout

How is this going to help with Ebay, receiving payments?

And also when I sell some computer parts that I have here on the forum, rather then give a paypal email addy and have someone pay me through PayPal how are they going to use Google Checkout?

I'm not looking to buy, I'm trying to find a better way at receiving payments when people buy products from me.

ALOHA

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
What do you have against paypal?

Honestly, the best option for a seller is the one that is used by the most buyers, and that would be paypal.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: DeviousTrap
What do you have against paypal?

Honestly, the best option for a seller is the one that is used by the most buyers, and that would be paypal.

Nothing, personally I've never had any problems, but PayPal does have a bad reputation. So before I might fall into that pit I'm looking for a backdoor. ;)

Like Momma said never put all your eggs in one basket. :)

ALOHA

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Originally posted by: AnyMal
Originally posted by: DasFox
Bidpay provides ZERO protection for the seller. Zip. None. Nada.

What do you mean? According to their site they say they have protection.

http://www.bidpay.com/Services.aspx

ALOHA

google Bidpay and see what I mean. They recently came back from a bankruptsy, not a company I'd want to trust with my money.

Well you are talking about old news.

The old BidPay online payment service?which boasted more than 4 million registered users when it shut its doors in December 2005?has relaunched under the umbrella of new owner CyberSource. But the service has been significantly revamped.

CyberSource has a fondness for bargains, especially when the potential acquirees have as little negotiating room as possible.

It's under a new company CyberSource, so now there is no telling...

ALOHA

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Bidpay provides ZERO protection for the seller. Zip. None. Nada.

What do you mean? According to their site they say they have protection.

http://www.bidpay.com/Services.aspx

ALOHA

google Bidpay and see what I mean. They recently came back from a bankruptsy, not a company I'd want to trust with my money.

Well you are talking about old news.

The old BidPay online payment service?which boasted more than 4 million registered users when it shut its doors in December 2005?has relaunched under the umbrella of new owner CyberSource. But the service has been significantly revamped.

CyberSource has a fondness for bargains, especially when the potential acquirees have as little negotiating room as possible.

It's under a new company CyberSource, so now there is no telling...

ALOHA

Well.. what do you want from us then? Sounds like you know everyting there is to know aout Bidpay.

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Sorry AnyMal I guess wasn't making myself clear here. You mentioned to google Bidpay and where talking about things that had happened to the company.

All I was trying to say is that I understood that, and what I meant is they are under new owners, so really you can't base the past on the present, with new ownership.

I didn't say I know it all, but you also can't make assumptions on a company that folded, and was bought out by another company.

In a nuttshell there is no telling what the new company ownership will do, good, or bad.

ALOHA

DasFox

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2003
Also what I want is real hands on experience in the matter, people who know, that use the services, not speculation.

Now AnyMal have you ever used BidPay before, or know anyone that has, right now with this new ownership?

ALOHA