Paul Ryan vs. The Stench (Is this article a joke?)

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
It has to be, no?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81618.html

Though Ryan had already decided to distance himself from the floundering Romney campaign, he now feels totally uninhibited. Reportedly, he has been marching around his campaign bus, saying things like, “If Stench calls, take a message” and “Tell Stench I’m having finger sandwiches with Peggy Noonan and will text him later.”

Edit:
So it was a satirical piece. A poorly written satirical piece at that.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-09-26/politico-s-paul-ryan-satire-the-joke-s-on-them.html

Clearly, a disaster for the Romney campaign, right? No, it was apparently a clumsy attempt at satire gone horribly awry.

Last edited:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
The Romney brain trust referring to Ryan as Gilligan? I'm no Ryan fan and have lost a tremendous amount of respect for him as a result of the outright lying he has done during this campaign, but this opinion piece is almost certainly pure BS. There is a lot more substance to Ryan than Romney, I think most will agree.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
No it's not a joke. Ryan is going rogue because he realizes Romney ticket is a death sentence. He wants out. Romney's campaign considers him their Gilligan. Romney campaign is finished lol.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
It sounds like an Onion piece to me. Would like to read secondary reporting on it.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
The MSM is so committed to getting obama re-elected that they will do and say anything to bring that about, to include out right lies. We have no free press any more. What we have is a press that is nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Democrat Party.

Icepick

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
The MSM is so committed to getting obama re-elected that they will do and say anything to bring that about, to include out right lies. We have no free press any more. What we have is a press that is nothing more than a propaganda arm of the Democrat Party.

I detect a massive amount of sarcasm. Very funny. :D

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The Romney brain trust referring to Ryan as Gilligan? I'm no Ryan fan and have lost a tremendous amount of respect for him as a result of the outright lying he has done during this campaign, but this opinion piece is almost certainly pure BS. There is a lot more substance to Ryan than Romney, I think most will agree.

A more concise version of what I was going to post, well said sir!

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
A777 Romney is disfunctional. I know he is your guy since he plays fornyournteam, but you must see this. I'm not some bias asshole in this case who is picking the D over R. I-m not a party guy, but Romney is a lost cause. He will not win, period.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

I think you're conflating two things here. Whether the opinion piece is BS or if Romney has more substance than Ryan.

I actually think Romney has much more substance than Ryan. I think he's playing stupid to fit into the Republican party and doing a bad job of it to boot. That's why he's losing.

But, if you're talking about just convictions than Ryan would win.

kia75

Oct 30, 2005
I love that Ryan's idea of "going rogue" is to show Powerpoint presentations. I can see him with his pocket protector and a laser pointer walking up to a crowd, maybe his sleeves torn off of his business suit as "Bad to the Bone" plays in the background.

Oh, you rebel you!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

Give me just one example of the "MSM" lying about Romney during this election.

Not an opinion, an outright lie such as "Romney has blonde hair.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
I don't know how much of any germs of truth lie in this article, but the author is pretty damn funny. Here he is talking about PowerPoint, which he claims Ryan used in a political speech:

A word about PowerPoint. PowerPoint was released by Microsoft in 1990 as a way to euthanize cattle using a method less cruel than hitting them over the head with iron mallets. After PETA successfully argued in court that PowerPoint actually was more cruel than iron mallets, the program was adopted by corporations for slide show presentations.

Conducting a PowerPoint presentation is a lot like smoking a cigar. Only the person doing it likes it. The people around him want to hit him with a chair.

PowerPoint is usually restricted to conference rooms where the doors are locked from the outside. It is, therefore, considered unsuited for large rallies, where people have a means of escape and where the purpose is to energize rather than daze.

And:

According to Ryan’s official schedule, on Wednesday he “will attend a Victory Town Hall at Walker Manufacturing in Fort Collins, Colorado, and a Victory Rally at America the Beautiful Park in Colorado Springs, Colorado.”

Sources close to the Ryan campaign tell me his two new PowerPoint presentations will be: “How a Bill Becomes Law” and “Canada: Friendly Giant to the North.”

Ryan Fever. Catch it!

:p

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81618_Page2.html#ixzz27afr5uZH

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
There's a number of other news sources mentioning that Ryan has nicknamed Romney "the stench," though the rest are more obscure than Politico. It probably comes from an "inside source" which may or may not be credible. I wouldn't take it too seriously, though admittedly it would be pretty funny if true.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
There's a number of other news sources mentioning that Ryan has nicknamed Romney "the stench," though the rest are more obscure than Politico. It probably comes from an "inside source" which may or may not be credible. I wouldn't take it too seriously, though admittedly it would be pretty funny if true.

Don't they all refer back to this politico article?

actuarial

Platinum Member
Jan 22, 2009

Not only have you provided no proof, but you haven't even put forth an argument as to why the press isn't 'free' anymore.

What about the press implies that there are government rules/potential sanctions that cause it to be liberal? And why don't those rules/sanctions apply to non liberal media outlets?

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Romney will not lose, he will gather his brownshirts and storm the capital to take what is rightlfully his...

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
I like seeing how many partisan wankers got taken by the Politico story. That's what's funny. I wonder if we'll see all these names in a phokus sig.

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
cartoon_092512_A.jpg

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I like seeing how many partisan wankers got taken by the Politico story. That's what's funny. I wonder if we'll see all these names in a phokus sig.

That would be all very interesting, if anyone in this thread had actually thought it was true.