Paul Ryan: GOP will defund Planned Parenthood

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Why? Abortion is legal.

Because he's incel and hates the idea of women having sex. I swear, the best thing for women's health would be to legalize prostitution so these creeps could learn something about female anatomy and not be so angry all the time.

Reactions: Thebobo

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Maybe a robotic arm to jam the IUD in there.
So you agree that oral based contraceptives are ideally suited for vending machines, greatly increasing the access to contraceptive services for females? Or do females have to have their access restricted by putting it behind a doctor / pharmaceutical firewall?

Jan 25, 2011
So you agree that oral based contraceptives are ideally suited for vending machines, greatly increasing the access to contraceptive services for females? Or do females have to have their access restricted by putting it behind a doctor / pharmaceutical firewall?
Are the GOP discussing changing how birth control pills are able to be accessed? If not your questions are entirely moot. By taking away PP and not addressing the access the problems remain. To my knowledge they have NEVER suggested addressing this issue.

Dec 10, 2005

These drugs are behind a doctor/pharmacist wall because they can have some severe complications and contraindications for use. They don't all act the same and can affect people in different ways. Additionally, a doctor or pharmacist can help explain all the different forms of contraception that are available, from long-acting hormonal types or long-acting IUDs to daily pill regimes. It's not as simple as picking a candy bar at the register.

Regardless, gutting funding to PP will only exacerbate the situation for people trying to obtain contraceptives and other services. Florida tried to do it and existing, non-PP providers indicated that they would not be able to pick up the slack. They had to pad the list of providers with extraneous doctors to make it look like it was on the up and up.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Are the GOP discussing changing how birth control pills are able to be accessed? If not your questions are entirely moot. By taking away PP and not addressing the access the problems remain. To my knowledge they have NEVER suggested addressing this issue.

Whoah, wait a minute. I'm pretty sure P&N is forever and always moot discussion on topics we have no control over. Do not dare make me feel as if anything I say here will have any sort of consequence on my life. That would be insane.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
They're an easy mark. Look at the outrage over "welfare queens", poor people that have refrigerators and TVs. Obamaphones. The guy in front of me at the supermarket was buying STEAAKK with his EBT card. You see that shit on these forums all the time.

There is absolutely incredible hatred for the poor. Enough hatred that they will vote for people who promise to take that stuff away even if it means their own Medicare, SS, or other benefits are impacted. That's why I keep trying to tell the people convinced that Trump's supporters will turn on him when he fucks up ACA, SS, or Medicare.

They. Do. Not. Give. A. Shit.

Pretty sure they do care about their own handouts, though. Rather explains all the lipstick on sugardaddy trump's sphincter ring.

Roflmouth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2015
These drugs are behind a doctor/pharmacist wall because they can have some severe complications and contraindications for use. They don't all act the same and can affect people in different ways. Additionally, a doctor or pharmacist can help explain all the different forms of contraception that are available, from long-acting hormonal types or long-acting IUDs to daily pill regimes. It's not as simple as picking a candy bar at the register.

Got it. So talking to a pharmacist for five minutes is a tremendous burden then. Thanks for the explanation.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Because he's incel and hates the idea of women having sex. I swear, the best thing for women's health would be to legalize prostitution so these creeps could learn something about female anatomy and not be so angry all the time.

Just as likely stems from their parents expressed wishes for their abortion.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Paying for it with taxpayer money isn't, and never will be. HTH
Yeah no one believes this bullshit anymore, anti abortion people always trot out that reason when the real goal is to make it next to impossible for women to get an abortion whether they pay for it or not.

Edit: Just to add I find hilarious that people like you never want to cover birth control either, that would be the easiest way to lower abortions but for some reason you don't support it.

Roflmouth

Golden Member
Oct 5, 2015
Yeah no one believes this bullshit anymore, anti abortion people always trot out that reason when the real goal is to make it next to impossible for women to get an abortion whether they pay for it or not.

You "forgot" to provide evidence of any kind for your baseless accusations. Better luck next time :)

Edit: Just to add I find hilarious that people like you never want to cover birth control either, that would be the easiest way to lower abortions but for some reason you don't support it.

Of course I don't support it, it's not my (or anyone else's) responsibility to pay for the lifestyle decisions of others.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
You "forgot" to provide evidence of any kind for your baseless accusations. Better luck next time :)

Of course I don't support it, it's not my (or anyone else's) responsibility to pay for the lifestyle decisions of others.

Typical obese trump trash "thinking".

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
So instead of paying taxes that go towards a woman's abortion once you'll instead be paying taxes that will go towards helping raise said unwanted kid for 18 years.

Dec 10, 2005
So instead of paying taxes that go towards a woman's abortion once you'll instead be paying taxes that will go towards helping raise said unwanted kid for 18 years.
Nah, they'll probably cut things like food stamps too. That'll surely teach those kids to not grow up poor.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
What is wrong with obese people?

Notice the highlighted part of what I replied to. Here it is again just in case:

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Notice the highlighted part of what I replied to. Here it is again just in case:

Implying obesity is a choice? Are you that unaware? Holy shit I thought you were an educator? Is being gay a choice too?