Paul Oakenfold is the shiznit

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Just picked up his Tranceport CD...didn't have the song I wanted, but man...he's absolutely dope! I wish I didn't have my computer hooked up to my Aiwa Soundsystem, else I'd be listening to it while I played some Rogue Spear online. Next CD though, DJ RAP definitely. Maybe Massive Attack

LouisXIX

Oct 9, 1999
Yeah, I saw him at my college, he was the "shiznit". Definitely does not live up to the hype. Next time try napster first!

SuperGroove

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 1999
Paul Oakenfold is coming to Colorado, July 21. I want to go oh so bad. Groove Armada, BT and some others will be there. Any others you recommend that compare to Mr. Oakenfold?

Paul

loogie

Banned
Oct 18, 1999
Tranceport was actually a compilation. Check out Paul van dyk's new one. Out there and back i think.

luv2chill

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2000
I loved Tranceport... actually that was the first real trance I ever heard, and it got me hooked! (BTW I would recommend the first Tranceport to anyone not familiar with trance music who wants a good intro to the genre). IMHO Tranceport 2 and 3 were not as strong but others disagree there.

For very HQ trance I highly recommend the Global Underground Series. Specifically I would suggest Dave Seaman's Buenos Aires (GU 012). It is VG!

Oh and don't turn down an opportunity to see one of these guys live...esp Oakey!!! Trance isn't that popular here in the states yet but it is gaining followers left and right. Do yourself a favor and go while you can! Trance is blowing up in a big way, and Oakey is one of the most talented and respected DJs out there.

BT is kickass also. GO!!!!

l2c

b0red

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oakey is gonna be at http://www.nocturnalwonderland.com, Sept 2nd.

BT's new CD is awesome. I need to get HK version.

Tranceport III Sandra Collins is soso.

Get Sasha and Digweed's Communication CD.

I still need to get PvD's Out There and Back CD!!!

I have a headache.