Paul Manafort hatched ’05 plan to push pro-Putin propaganda in US media

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
I just thought of something hilarious. Remember the 1992 election, when they called Bill Clinton a "commie" for going to Moscow for a week in 1969 as a tourist? That wasn't OK, but it's OK that Trump's campaign manager is paid to spread Russian propaganda in US media. And his foreign policy expert Carter Page makes anti-US speeches in Russia. Also, Clinton was a "draft dodger." LOL. And "family values" now apparently excludes serial adultery and sexual perversion. Oh, how times have changed for conservatives. Blacks is white; up is down.

Lets not forget the "Friend of Russia" medal our great Secretary of State holds that was personally given to him by Putin.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I would of read the article first.

"Nonetheless, he went ahead and paid an exceptionally high, $50 million premium to Trump, then a real estate tycoon and reality show host, for a property he never sought to live in, not even on a part-time basis."

There is just to much Russian shit going on with trump and his clan. Way to much. I am going to bet Trump was involved in money laundering for the Russian Oligarchs.

1. $50M premium? I don't see the math. +66M invested, sold for $95M. The premium, or profit, is $29M, not $50M.

2. Money laundering is a BIG problem in SoFL. However it generally requires 2 things: (1) cash payment, which I seriously doubt happened here, and (2) concealment of the sale. I.e., when attempting to launder money via a purchase of R/E you really, really don't want it reported in newspapers.

In Miami etc they have a task force that searches through R/E property transfers that didn't have a mortgage recorded (meaning they paid cash). That's the tip off that the transaction needs investigating.

I see no badges or earmarks of money laundering.

Russians have been buying expensive/premium properties all over the world. I understand from friends living in London that there are now so many Russians there many have taken to calling London "Moscow on the Thames".

There's nothing abnormal or ominous about Russians investing in R/E in other countries. They, for good reason, want to move money out of Russia. This is simply sound, and traditional, investment practice.

So much hysteria. So many unhinged.

Fern