Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

kartom

Jul 26, 2017
There was once a thread, only version 2.0.
I'm sure there are many players in the forum, some probably played BETA. Path of Exile - Fall of Oriath will be released on August 4th.
I invite you to the discussion :)
It's best time for buy PoE orbs, because they are cheap until new patch start. I buy PoE orbs (Chaos orbs, Exalted orbs and new Ancient orbs) at https://odealo.com/games/path-of-exile
Now a new patch has appeared, war for the atlas. Probably again I will have to buy a pair of exalteds orb, generally I like it when a new patch comes out. Exalted orb? Yes, I respect. I really need exalted orbs, I buy them at the poe shop (Path of exile)

Last edited:
Reactions: Harirson

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Still nine days to release, I haven't decided yet what build I'll be going for league start. Still waiting for more information.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Is the lab in 3.0, still a requirement even though who knows how many of us quit due to its sheer stupidity?

I ask this because I've seen so many threads on their forum from players asking for it to be changed or at least to remove its requirement to advance in your class, but I've never seen a response from the PoE folks.

Last edited:

sushicide

Nov 7, 2001
A shame they're probably not going enable the new gems in beta, would love to try them out before 3.0 hits.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Is the lab in 3.0, still a requirement even though who knows how many of us quit due to its sheer stupidity?

I ask this because I've seen so many threads on their forum from players asking for it to be changed or at least to remove its requirement to advance in your class, but I've never seen a response from the PoE folks.

Yes the lab is still there in beta and you still have to complete it four times to get all the points. They've decreased the number of trials needed to unlock the labyrinth and they'll also reduced the length of labyrinth, but.... you still have to beat Izaro three times in each run.

kartom

Jul 26, 2017
I give you like, cause I didn't know abou 1pm ^^
If I find article about new PoE i share with you

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
From my testing on beta, the lab has been made far less tedious. Far fewer rooms on normal/cruel and somewhat shorter on merciless, and less trials to unlock cruel/merc labs.

Also the meta builds of 3.0 are going to naturally be far better at lab than 2.x meta builds were. Mind over Matter works on damage over time (traps) now and is very strong in 3.0 world, for example.

Not So Mild

Jun 9, 2017
From my testing on beta, the lab has been made far less tedious. Far fewer rooms on normal/cruel and somewhat shorter on merciless, and less trials to unlock cruel/merc labs.

Also the meta builds of 3.0 are going to naturally be far better at lab than 2.x meta builds were. Mind over Matter works on damage over time (traps) now and is very strong in 3.0 world, for example.

Eh, the top lab runner will still be a Queen of the Forest Pathfinder/Raider. Going the MoM variant will make you have more survivability, at the cost of movespeed (which is a big no-no for this build). I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually don't have a problem with the old lab. The safest way to get through lab traps is to go the fastest possible. Using a movement skill that can cross gaps (leap slam, flame dash, lightning warp) completely trivializes lab. Full key Uber Izaro is the only scary thing for most builds.

I feel like the power you get from completing the lab far outweighs the time it takes to do lab. I feel like people either forget the reward you get for completing the lab, or never played pre-ascendancy. Again, unpopular opinion, but whatever.

Chromagnus

Feb 28, 2017
I'm an on again off again player who hasn't made a character in the last year and have played pretty casually in the past so I generally need to look at build guides. I've looked at builds on the POE forums in the past but was just wondering if there was a better place to look. I looked on r/poe quickly but it seemed like there were more builds on the POE forums. Figured I should ask in case there was a petter place that compiles lists of builds.

Not So Mild

Jun 9, 2017
I'm an on again off again player who hasn't made a character in the last year and have played pretty casually in the past so I generally need to look at build guides. I've looked at builds on the POE forums in the past but was just wondering if there was a better place to look. I looked on r/poe quickly but it seemed like there were more builds on the POE forums. Figured I should ask in case there was a petter place that compiles lists of builds.
Reddit doesn't have a lot of builds. I think there is a poebuilds subreddit, but last I knew it was pretty dead. Your best chances are like you said either the official forums, or even youtube. If you have a general idea of what you want to do, you can just search google and i'm pretty sure there will be a build for you. For example, if you want a lacerate slayer, just search and go. There's probably a build guide on the forum for all major builds. Anything that requires a unique interaction or niche setup you probably won't find, but I assume those don't interest you anyways.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Eh, the top lab runner will still be a Queen of the Forest Pathfinder/Raider. Going the MoM variant will make you have more survivability, at the cost of movespeed (which is a big no-no for this build). I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I actually don't have a problem with the old lab. The safest way to get through lab traps is to go the fastest possible. Using a movement skill that can cross gaps (leap slam, flame dash, lightning warp) completely trivializes lab. Full key Uber Izaro is the only scary thing for most builds.

I feel like the power you get from completing the lab far outweighs the time it takes to do lab. I feel like people either forget the reward you get for completing the lab, or never played pre-ascendancy. Again, unpopular opinion, but whatever.

None of this is wrong, but realize I was replying to someone who hates running the lab *at all* because they hate the trap gameplay and "tedium" of running the lab 4x.

It is far faster and easier to get your normal / cruel labs done in 3.0 than in 2.6

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'll probably fire up POE again to play through the new acts
Are there any build guides for 3.0 out there yet?

Not So Mild

Jun 9, 2017
I'll probably fire up POE again to play through the new acts
Are there any build guides for 3.0 out there yet?
Patch notes just got released last night, I'd say some fine tuned builds will pop up tonight. Honestly, anything that doesn't involve an ailment is in a fine position. Pretty much anything from 2.6 that isn't an ailment is in a fine spot. Might need tuned a bit, but definitely playable.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Played Tornado shot in Essence and Totems in Breech. While I want to try a new class for this league... League is called Harbinger so I was wondering if there might be a nice new Harbinger bow in this league... so I'm leaning towards Tornado Shot again.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Yeah basically every build from 2.6 that wasn't ignite/poison double dip abuse should still work in 3.0.

Some of them are better, some of them are worse, but all of them should *work*.

I'm gonna be playing Essence Drain again, this time as a Trickster. I tested it in beta and the buff to the base ability feels SO GOOD. You can just scale the ED now, instead of having to rely on Decay/Poison to make your skill function.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I have a puzzling POE question. At the tail end of legacy I built a duelist warchief totem character using lifting's guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717002/page/1

My helm is the abyssus and body armor a 6L lightning coil. When it dumped out to standard I was able to pick up an Atziri's disfavor axe, also 6L. When I move my damage gem setup from the armor to the axe POE reports my dps dropping almost 50% (tested in my hideout, no buffs or golem). Any idea why? I would have thought the damage would have gone up as the axe gives +2 to supporting gems.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
It should basically not change. 2 levels on a weapon-scaling attack skill does basically nothing.

If it is dropping dramatically then something is being forgotten in the moved setup. A gem or buff or something.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
So what are your first builds for Harbinger???? I've barely gotten any time to play yet. Only in Act 3, using Split arrow right now. So far I've seen more Essense mobs than Harbinger ones.

Not So Mild

Jun 9, 2017
Well I didn't end up playing a whole lot this weekend. Hung out with friends for most of it, but still got to play a fair amount. Pretty much missed out on the first few days of economy so I'm a bit behind on gear. Decided to play softcore this league with my old roommate. Didn't get very far in the beta (only part way through act 5) so most of this was new content, and I knew I'd die eventually. I rolled an essence drain trickster. Trickster has always been my preferred way to play, and it just got a decent buff. Crafted a +1 wand with the new chaos recipe and had it until 59 where I switched to a 5l chest I bought for 1c and essence slammed for 1c. Ended up a pretty good chest so I bought a consuming dark for another chaos and a heartbreaker for another chaos. Got tired of no movement skill other than flame dash and needed that shield charge. Consuming dark cleared packs instantly, and the boss damage was better so the heartbreaker went into the stash. Made it to act 9 last night. The new bosses are pretty fun. More mechanics involved so that's nice.

Getting really tired of killing a certain 3 bosses over and over and over again

So what are your first builds for Harbinger???? I've barely gotten any time to play yet. Only in Act 3, using Split arrow right now. So far I've seen more Essense mobs than Harbinger ones.

I'm pretty sure Harbinger mobs have a high chance to spawn in every zone. I'm encountered one in most. You may just not notice it's a harbinger mob. For the smaller monsters, I've noticed they just look like blue packs if you are offscreening most mobs.

Jax Omen

Golden Member
Mar 14, 2008
Playing a ci ed trickster, currently level 81 sitting on 4ex, smashing t5 maps hoping for +1 drops lol