Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 80 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I'd be stupid to try the new Volcanic Fissure skill as a starter, right? I think I'm too dumb to pull that off :)
Was watching a video and doing some reading on it. Seems it *could* be very close to other build like tectonic slam or even chieftain totems...

If you strictly want to follow a build guide then no unless you want to level as something different then wait for a guide to swap over. If you want to do it yourself or look at poe.ninja and check out what others are doing then you can start with something that's pretty similar and skill swap then make the changes needed. It's pretty easy to use poe.ninja builds to help you make changes.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If you strictly want to follow a build guide then no unless you want to level as something different then wait for a guide to swap over. If you want to do it yourself or look at poe.ninja and check out what others are doing then you can start with something that's pretty similar and skill swap then make the changes needed. It's pretty easy to use poe.ninja builds to help you make changes.

Valid
Maybe if the league is fun or there ends up being a good build out for it later on, I will build a 2nd character.

2pm EST tomorrow is launch, right?

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Yea, I'm at 40k. Forgot there would be a queue, waitied until now to login. Want to run together for the first Act? I have about 2 hours to play.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Yea, I'm at 40k. Forgot there would be a queue, waitied until now to login. Want to run together for the first Act? I have about 2 hours to play.

Sure thing. I'm in now, but trying to create character and it's timing out

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Started into white maps.
Build is pretty strong, but I still tend to die more than I thought. need to get a 5L up and running

League content is not for me. I tend to play "tanky" regardless of build and the league mechanic wants you to kite and to dodge every bit of damage

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Kinda disappointed at the league content. Melee type builds were already weak, this just further pushes that narrative.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Started into white maps.
Build is pretty strong, but I still tend to die more than I thought. need to get a 5L up and running

League content is not for me. I tend to play "tanky" regardless of build and the league mechanic wants you to kite and to dodge every bit of damage
Blew way past me. Thanks for dropping the armor in the guild stash.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Nothing like getting that Empower Support gem to drop in a L5 map :)
never had an Empower drop in 4 years of playing :cry:
in Kalandra i had quite good luck with Divine drops, i hope i didnt waste all of it and now i'll have a "poor" league.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Blew way past me. Thanks for dropping the armor in the guild stash.

Yeah - I've had off work for a few days and was feeling incredibly lazy around the house so I sat at the PC a lot
I will keep dropping things in there that I think might help you. If you don't want/need just sell.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
never had an Empower drop in 4 years of playing :cry:
in Kalandra i had quite good luck with Divine drops, i hope i didnt waste all of it and now i'll have a "poor" league.

Honestly I think I have one a league drop. This one was just nice and early.
I was careless with my 2D sale price and just turned it around and bought the cluster jewel I needed.

I'm still dying more than I'd like/expect with this build. I don't think evasion is right for me.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
I'm still dying more than I'd like/expect with this build. I don't think evasion is right for me.

You can't run just Grace. You should be running Grace and Determination. Then redo you Jade flask so the suffix has %increased evasion and toss on a Rumi's. You'll stop dying. Try to get your spell suppression up to 100% asap as well.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
You can't run just Grace. You should be running Grace and Determination. Then redo you Jade flask so the suffix has %increased evasion and toss on a Rumi's. You'll stop dying. Try to get your spell suppression up to 100% asap as well.
If you don't have the mana efficiencies to run all the auras what's the order of importance?

Can't say I'm as big a fan of this build as RF. Maybe beacuse it's not fully lfeshed out yet and it's still a lot of manually casting.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
If you don't have the mana efficiencies to run all the auras what's the order of importance?

Can't say I'm as big a fan of this build as RF. Maybe beacuse it's not fully lfeshed out yet and it's still a lot of manually casting.

I think I'd have to take off Malevolence and add Determination. That being said, I feel like for Determination to really have some meaningful impact, I should pick up something with an actual armor rating to it too.

I did puck up a small cluster jewel with enduring composure as there was a guy practically giving one away so I scooped it up. But again, with very little armor, besides the endurance changes, it doesn't up my overall armor rating too much.

Rumi's with Determination should def help though.

It is more casting than I like. I definitely see the strength and power of the build, but it's just not my lazy style of game play :)

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

Rumi's + new jade flask works much better.
Haven't plugged in Determination yet though - might not need.
also had a quicksilver + 42% armor flask drop so that's in the mix
went 6L on the chest.

everything is much better. Still hit a few moments without mana and things get dicey.

I might have to run a macro to pop flasks more easily. My old hand gets tired/cramped quickly and I miss flasks etc

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Rumi's + new jade flask works much better.
Haven't plugged in Determination yet though - might not need.
also had a quicksilver + 42% armor flask drop so that's in the mix
went 6L on the chest.

everything is much better. Still hit a few moments without mana and things get dicey.

Grab a cheap pair of Asenath's Gentle Touch Silk Gloves. They'll massively help your clear.

I might have to run a macro to pop flasks more easily. My old hand gets tired/cramped quickly and I miss flasks etc

Do you run any of the flask enchants? There are quite a few and cover most things you'd want to do.

Reactions: Homerboy