Path of Exile 3.0 Discussion

Page 52 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I've played hundreds of hours of POE-just standard for the previous two leagues and nothing this league. Browsing the last few pages of this league I come to the realization that I have very little idea what you are talking about now. It's amazing how fast this game changes. It's both a strength and a weakness. It eventually got to me because it didn't want to relearn a big chunk of the game every three months or so, but it probably is a very real reason why the game has such staying power.

Reactions: Homerboy

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
I started playing in essence league and there's been quite a few leagues since then that I skipped completely. I feel like the basics of the game have been the same since then but they've added so many new systems on top to make it really hard to follow everything. Like I had no idea before this league of how the new atlas system worked with the conquerors.

Reactions: Homerboy

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I've played hundreds of hours of POE-just standard for the previous two leagues and nothing this league. Browsing the last few pages of this league I come to the realization that I have very little idea what you are talking about now. It's amazing how fast this game changes. It's both a strength and a weakness. It eventually got to me because it didn't want to relearn a big chunk of the game every three months or so, but it probably is a very real reason why the game has such staying power.

I can not imagine trying to be a newcomer to this game without somebody to walk you through things. It would be virtually impossible. Hell I've played a ton and, as shown by this thread, I still need my hand held. I have no idea how Harvest works. I have a vague idea how delirium works and I'm sure I'm doing countless other content "wrong". I shouldn't need countless 3rd party tools to make the game manageable too - websites, macros, wikis etc etc. The game is great because of it's complexity, but it's also horrible because of it's complexity.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Did my first ever Sirus fight! Fight was so confusing to me that I didn't know where to go so I died multiple times, but I managed kill him with two portals still left. Finally figured out after a few deaths some of his big attack cues and avoided them. After that it was easy since I could take 25% of his HP bar in a few seconds. I assume that this was "a1" sirus since this was my first fight? Atlas says awakening level is 5.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Sirus awakening level matches whatever your atlas is at when you initially open his portal. You can go up to A9 with the new Atlas passives from this league. You have to be at least A8 to drop the sword.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
View attachment 40364
Found this in Pit of the Chimera map. Looks good? How much could I sell it for? :)

I admit. I'm a dick with pricing stuff. I will toss in a generic "2c" tab and then get spammed. Somebody will say "I'll give you 10C" so then I price it at 15C and see if I still get spammed. At least that's what I do for non-uniques. Those are pretty easy to price out.

as for your question I have NO idea if that's worth anything or king's ransom

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
I went gladiator bleed bow for league start. Was very fun, mapped real well and great bossing once I got my snipe hat. Interest started to peter out at tier 12 maps. Gonna need a bunch of currency to beef up defenses to continue mapping.

Started an ice crash hollow palm technique raider. Holy damn that got through the acts real fast. In maps now, it's a complete glass cannon. One shots most everything but even tier 1 rituals are super RIPy. I've been one shot quite a bit. Still have some gear to acquire but I'm not sure how much further this one will be able to go.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
any suggestions on additional passive skills for RF? Right now in my cluster I have:
  1. Burning Bright
  2. blowback
  3. Smoldering Remains
  4. Exposure Therapy
  5. Brush with Death
  6. molten one's mark
  7. master of fire
I have 1 point to spend and was thinking of reclaiming that entire branch back to Elemental Equil. which would give me 9 points total. I think with another cluster or normal jewel, I can reallocate and pick up as much life (if not more) and some additional offensive/defensive stats as well

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
yep it was missing the most important thing, add phys dmg.

I had spent most of my pure ex - around 25, on improving my gear. Was doing lots of damage and deleting everything but two issues came up. Game started lagging for me all of a sudden, even in white normal maps, it was so bad that I had to switch to predictable network mode. Didn't really help.
2. More I juiced my t15-16 maps, more I get frame drops and a few instance crashes, especially with delerium.
Just lost interest in the league.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
Ritual has been fun but I don't think I'll be playing 3.14. The gutting of Harvest is stupid. It's a big "eff you" to anyone that's not a no-lifer.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
any suggestions on additional passive skills for RF? Right now in my cluster I have:
  1. Burning Bright
  2. blowback
  3. Smoldering Remains
  4. Exposure Therapy
  5. Brush with Death
  6. molten one's mark
  7. master of fire
I have 1 point to spend and was thinking of reclaiming that entire branch back to Elemental Equil. which would give me 9 points total. I think with another cluster or normal jewel, I can reallocate and pick up as much life (if not more) and some additional offensive/defensive stats as well

Do you mean get rid of EE?

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
No - I'd prune that branch back and leave EE
I have about 5-6E to spend too I guess.
View attachment 40999

Personally, I'd just connect that bottom life section to the left and get the str, int and Shaper node back. Then I'd put 1 point into the fire multi behind Arsonist and then 2 points into that jewel slot up at the top of the tree. Then I'd spend 60-80c on a 7% life jewel with double damage mods on it. That'll give you about 7% more damage and get you up to about 6940 life. To move to another cluster jewel setup on the left of the tree requires quite a bit of change to net positive on it with your skill setup.

If you want to add in more damage then you can find a pair of gloves with 15%+ DOT multi and you'll get another 7% damage. That'll cost you 1 to 2 ex. Gloves and jewel addition would be 12-14% more damage and about 100 more life with but you'd have around 150 less life regen. Depends on if you feel like you need more damage.

Example of gloves: https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Ritual/E9mj4d0F5

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000

I was going to read them last night and got distracted. the one thing I saw is that penderus coins can't be traded for scrolls now??? So dumb. GGG makes some questionable decisions.

Sadly, this is the league I drop off due to MLB The Show releasing (and I was having a good time in Ritual with that RF build.... though never beat map nor Sirus).

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Ill be playing as much as I can... Any build suggestions? I couldn't quite beat Maven last league with a Siege Totem Build... Wasn't good enough.

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005
Any build is a pretty big window. Do you want to play ranged, melee or something like a minion?

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Ill be playing as much as I can... Any build suggestions? I couldn't quite beat Maven last league with a Siege Totem Build... Wasn't good enough.

If you like lazy builds, I really enjoyed that RF I did in ritual. And it really wasn't that expensive over all.

Majes

Golden Member
Apr 8, 2008
Can RF clear all content at a reasonable price? I've done mainly CoC Cyclone the past few leagues, but I also ran a carrion golem and various totem builds.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Can RF clear all content at a reasonable price? I've done mainly CoC Cyclone the past few leagues, but I also ran a carrion golem and various totem builds.

I made it to Sirus but didn't kill him (only tried once). Spent... 10-15E? Though it seemed like last league money was pretty easy to come by.
It's a very boring build though. It's more or less walk around and you really don't have to do anything.

Reactions: Majes

rstrohkirch

Platinum Member
May 31, 2005

If you want cheap all content regardless of league then you probably want to do mines or traps. Front loading damage is very hard to beat.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Just checked out news about the league today, looks like same as ritual but all rituals are in one spot? I didn't know league was getting released tomorrow, I did take a vacation day for tomorrow (just a coincidence, I know some people book days off for PoE league starts... I just some extra days left over from last year) so I'll try to play tomorrow. Haven't decided on a build yet. I'll pick a class and go, and check out a build as I'm levelling.